Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627601 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1280 on: 06 February 2014, 12:03 »
http://youtu.be/bfdD0rShbJ8

scott :wink:

hey man im getting cross...you better give me those techniques  :grin: :grin: :grin:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1281 on: 06 February 2014, 20:08 »
Currently without my Golf R as it is having some TLC.  :evil:

HTA3071 Motorsport spec turbo kit being fitted.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1282 on: 06 February 2014, 21:02 »
Currently without my Golf R as it is having some TLC.  :evil:

HTA3071 Motorsport spec turbo kit being fitted.

Its going to be an absolute monster !!!
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1283 on: 07 February 2014, 21:12 »
http://youtu.be/bfdD0rShbJ8

scott :wink:

hey man im getting cross...you better give me those techniques  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yes,Yes,Yes,  C'mon,more info please.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1284 on: 07 February 2014, 21:21 »
I think he just likes teasing everyone  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1285 on: 07 February 2014, 21:24 »
Got an early birthday prezzie this week....

Couldn't wait and fitted them today,shoulh have been working,but phuk it my car comes first,and my customers know it :evil:

Well pleased with how they fit,real quality,but then they should be for the price,but now they are on im glad I paid the price and look OEM in my view.

a quick road test later(dodging pot holes and puddles) I can confirm that although Alloy, they are ultra light and don't foul or change the wheel feel at all,alot easier to find aswell, but still no substitute for having fixed position paddles at a quarter to three ish on the column.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1286 on: 07 February 2014, 21:38 »
Like the look of those  :cool:
May I ask how much and from where?  Looks like the existing paddles slot into the recess, but how are they fixed on?

Agree.  Really wish the GTI had fixed paddles, the steering wheel mounted ones are a pain at roundabouts.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1287 on: 07 February 2014, 22:05 »
May I ask how much and from where?  Looks like the existing paddles slot into the recess, but how are they fixed on?

Agree.  Really wish the GTI had fixed paddles, the steering wheel mounted ones are a pain at roundabouts.

I feel quite embarrassed that I paid £100 all in from psi tuning,advertised for 109 +vat  then nearly a tenner for next day,gave them a bell and got a deal.they had to import them from ECS in the states,now they are fitted I feel much better.
Had a look at everything(some cheap and others that were twice the dough) and those were the only ones that fit the vision in my mind of what I wanted.

Stick on with 3M pre cut adhesive tape,you get 2 sets of tape,golves,cleaning fluid pouch and destructions.

Correct,they are moulded to the shape of the original paddle and fit over perfect.
as you can probably tell I'm well impressed with them,especially the fit.

Although the second set of tapes will come in handy as due to operator error I have a nano bigger gap around the down lever, so will have to be re done sometime to be perfection.

Roundabouts...yep that's why I wanted a paddle extension,MK is all bloody roundabouts,and my thing seems to go in whatever random gear it fancies at times in D mode :evil:
« Last Edit: 07 February 2014, 22:07 by GS WAX »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1288 on: 07 February 2014, 22:40 »

I feel quite embarrassed that I paid £100 all in from psi tuning,advertised for 109 +vat  then nearly a tenner for next day,gave them a bell and got a deal.they had to import them from ECS in the states,now they are fitted I feel much better.
Had a look at everything(some cheap and others that were twice the dough) and those were the only ones that fit the vision in my mind of what I wanted.

Stick on with 3M pre cut adhesive tape,you get 2 sets of tape,golves,cleaning fluid pouch and destructions.

Correct,they are moulded to the shape of the original paddle and fit over perfect.
as you can probably tell I'm well impressed with them,especially the fit.

Although the second set of tapes will come in handy as due to operator error I have a nano bigger gap around the down lever, so will have to be re done sometime to be perfection.

Roundabouts...yep that's why I wanted a paddle extension,MK is all bloody roundabouts,and my thing seems to go in whatever random gear it fancies at times in D mode :evil:

Mmm, just had a look on the psi website, seriously tempted!  I quite like the ones with red script too but prefer the satin chrome inlay round the edges on yours.  Never been overly keen on carbon fibre ones, though the maniacs ones look great quality and would be good for the mk7 R to match the cf detailing.

Could be my next car purchase  :whistle: 
« Last Edit: 07 February 2014, 22:42 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1289 on: 16 February 2014, 17:12 »
Put it up for sale and will be sad to see it go