Author Topic: Black Wow!  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Black Wow!
« on: 08 April 2008, 23:12 »
ok.. so thought my trim was in good condition and had good results from my method of using sponge applied black boot polish followed by meg's gold class trim detailer

needed a new bottle of trim detailer so decided to opt for something new instead and the guys at elite care care had previously mentioned Black Wow

thought i'd give it a bash and see how it was... at (gulp) £18.95 it's a heck of a punt for a tiny little bottle... but...

wow!!   :afro:

have obviously done bumper but not arch which I thought was clean before!

what a difference... piece of cake to apply... use a sponge applicator and a pea sized amount, literally the less you use the better, and just rub it in... takes a few back and forths to work it into the grain and a bit of standing back to see if you have got it even... but it is so simple to apply and feels much more natural and better than any other trim restorer that I have used before... and because it has 'cleaners' in it too the plastic is very much in it's natural state when you've finished... a quick wipe over with a microfibre and it is all done... happy days...

didn't get to finish the car off completely tonight... but what I did do looked 10x better than the bits I hadn't done....

will report back on durability and washability... but my initial impression was.. Wow!!   :grin:
« Last Edit: 09 April 2008, 00:25 by GTi Guy »

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Black Wow!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2008, 00:23 »
i saw this advertised and wondered how good it was (as it got some rave magazine reviews).... please post how it lasts as at £20 its not cheap!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2008, 00:42 »
I'll be investing in some of that soon I think, I've seen it on the net and thought yeah ok, depends how long it lasts as well really :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2008, 01:19 »
This would be ideal for cleaning and restoring the trim on my Golf? (front splitter, rear bumper at the bottom and side skirts?)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2008, 19:11 »
yeah i had a play with some of this and it is very impressive!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2008, 16:34 »
Will be really interested to see how much longevity this has.

Looks great!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2008, 09:45 »
had a play about with this again last night

had started to look a bit patchy, was a bit greasy (siliconey) to the touch and was attracting dust  :sad:

read the instructions... it helps...

re-applied sparingly, and then wiped it down using a 'bounty' kitchen towel and then wiped away the excess moisture with a microfibre

much better!!  :cool: :cool:  it is just like new plastic! not overly shiny... just really smart looking clean black trim! wow!

i think longevity wise it might be ok, famous last words, because it really is like 'dry', clean trim

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2008, 09:50 »
Keep us posted fella. If I get the Passat I have my eye on it has acres of black plastic that would give you detail fans nightmares!

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2008, 10:32 »
Keep us posted fella. If I get the Passat I have my eye on it has acres of black plastic that would give you detail fans nightmares!

Nick

nightmares? or wet dreams?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2008, 10:35 »

Nightmares I would think!

Nick