Author Topic: Proud new owner (also, what is this broken part?)  (Read 1766 times)

Offline superhans

• Just got here
Hi guys, just took delivery of my brand new (old) 2014 GTI, performance pack, Santiago alloys, Dynaudio, it's a revelation (coming from my old 2007 Golf 1.6 Match).

One thing I didn't notice on first inspection was this bit that's broken off underneath the parcel shelf. It looks like it is attached to a flat metal spring plate behind it, but I have no idea what it does or even if it's worth repairing/replacing. I can't find a trim removal guide, but the whole trim panels are available on eBay etc.

Can anyone tell me what it is or what it does? Image should be attached! Thanks for any help.

2014 GTI 5Dr | Deep Black Pearl | PP | DSG | 19" Santiago + Goodyear Eagle F1 | Dynaudio | Discover Nav Pro

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
Re: Proud new owner (also, what is this broken part?)
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2018, 15:45 »
They are the clips to hold up the variable luggage compartment floor when in the folded up position.

Never found it necessary to use this facility myself.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2018, 15:47 by TwoSheds »

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2018, 15:47 »
Lever to release the rear back rest so it folds forward??

I also note a VW 12 V LED torch in the 12V socket (NOT original fit) ..someone left it there expensive to buy...so good freebee

& I note an aftermarket LED parcel shelf truck strip...DekeyLEDauto?? USA brand I recon...

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2018, 15:54 »
The release mechanism for the rear seat backs to go forward are set in the top edge of the rear seats.

Offline superhans

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2018, 16:01 »
Lever to release the rear back rest so it folds forward??

I also note a VW 12 V LED torch in the 12V socket (NOT original fit) ..someone left it there expensive to buy...so good freebee

& I note an aftermarket LED parcel shelf truck strip...DekeyLEDauto?? USA brand I recon...

Ah no I just pinched a handy picture from somewhere to show what I meant! Although a 12V LED torch is on the shopping list....

And thanks for the replies, as long as I don't need to replace or repair that bit then I can relax
2014 GTI 5Dr | Deep Black Pearl | PP | DSG | 19" Santiago + Goodyear Eagle F1 | Dynaudio | Discover Nav Pro

Offline golfdave

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2018, 16:34 »
The release mechanism for the rear seat backs to go forward are set in the top edge of the rear seats.

..In the estate we also get a nice lever in the boot each side... :tongue:

I just thought you did also....

Offline STmichael

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2018, 16:20 »
They are the clips to hold up the variable luggage compartment floor when in the folded up position.

Never found it necessary to use this facility myself.
Like he said :rolleyes:
GTD drivers know best!