Author Topic: USB connector  (Read 1595 times)

Offline KVW

• Not said much yet
USB connector
« on: 10 July 2009, 05:55 »
I have only the standard radio cd unit, but what is the USB connector in the arm rest for? Should I be able to plug in a memory stick with mp3s on it because it doesn't seem to work. Also my car has been in the garage twice to get the rattles sorted. Going back in tomorrow for the third time to get a licensed technician to have a look. Keeping vw uk in the loop but should they not fix it this time gonna start pushing for a replacement car. They've had the car longer than I have in the 2 weeks since delivery.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: USB connector
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2009, 06:54 »
Unlucky  :sad:

Whats a licensed VW technicians when he's at home?  Whats he 'licensed' to do?
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2009, 07:36 »
yes you can play mp3's through a memory stick
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2009, 07:41 »
Or you can plug an ipod shuffle into it via it's USB cradle.  You should have also got an Ipod cable too with the car.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2009, 07:59 »
Sry to hear bout the rattles mate. Not a good advert for build quality :(

Its no excuse, but being an early adopter does carry the risk of early gremlins. I had one of the first bmw minis and had no end of trouble, not rattles but big issues with the electrics and then the gear linkage went! Stuck in gear on the motorway wasn't a good experience! In the end they did offer to replace it, even at 11 mths old, which I accepted and then sold the car!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!