Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R  (Read 20943 times)

Offline sambo

• I live here
Re: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R
« Reply #30 on: 02 March 2009, 21:55 »
CTR is less refined, and as said has low torque, so need to have the tits ragged off it to go anywhere fast and also a driver who knows how to use it properly! (key point)

very good point  :wink:

even in standard form in the right gear a CTR was no match for my derv - he had to drop a couple of cogs to pass me  :grin: :grin:

...and turn his blower to recirc, fit a gas mask to his face and put his fog light's on so other road users could see him  :drool:
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #31 on: 02 March 2009, 22:08 »
Completly differant cars. For a start a standard CTR is 200bhp VS standard golf 150/180BHP so without a remap, your gonna lose!

1.8t is far more tunable though (forced induction for a start) so the potential is there and with a remap the golf had the edge IME.

CTR chassis was designed to go round corners, golf was designed to sit on the autobahn i think! 

CTR is less refined, and as said has low torque, so need to have the tits ragged off it to go anywhere fast and also a driver who knows how to use it properly! (key point)

Personally i like the golf for the comfort, ease of driving (be it fast or slow) and near instant power at any speed in any gear.

If you just want to bomb around with a burberry baseball cap on, the CTR makes a good choice!  :grin:

Unbiased, Sam  :tongue:

Couldn't have put it better myself! :afro:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #32 on: 02 March 2009, 22:10 »
bro in law has a ctr standard and without even proving it i have told him its alot quicker then our mk4 in a straight line off the lights and even once rolling,

i still doubt once i get the r-tec stage 1 that i will be able to keep up

My stock AGU with just a Jabba Stage 1 map saw off 1 standard CTR & also my mates lightly modded CTR.................  Just!!

I can't wait to come accross one now!!! :evil:

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #33 on: 02 March 2009, 22:11 »
o rite then the civic all the way then

Only if keeping either car standard. ;)

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 02 March 2009, 22:22 »
Ooh V-Tec...  :tongue: Had a ride in a dc2 'teg the other night, get it on cam and it woops my mates skyline, my 4mo barge has little chance, and the noise when that vtec kicks in made me want one.

And civics dont eat coil packs :lipsrsealed:

Still love my golf too much tho.

Nissan 200sx s14 soon to be 350hp drift machine :D

2007 Golf Edition 30 DSG, weekend toy :D

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN  -  Isle of Man

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 02 March 2009, 22:24 »
No but front tyres instead, i've heard of lots of CTR owners moaning at what little milage they get out of tyres!
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #36 on: 02 March 2009, 22:27 »

That's only because you've got the wrong 1.8 T Mk4!! :P :D
« Last Edit: 02 March 2009, 22:29 by Ivor Mk4 Turbo »

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #37 on: 02 March 2009, 22:47 »

That's only because you've got the wrong 1.8 T Mk4!! :P :D

Indeed my AGU is still running the same coil packs and MAF when i got it 5 years ago - 70000 miles later still going strong  :grin:  :evil:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #38 on: 02 March 2009, 23:10 »
Me, too!!  AGU FTW!! :D

Although the MAF could be playing up.  :undecided:

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 02 March 2009, 23:13 »
Civic all the way, owned 2 one modified a lot but not that you be able to see  :smiley:, also had the Integra DC5 , Mitsubishi FTO, Leon CupraR to name a few others. I would pick the Honda's over any other make i have had. Build quality is excellent, and performance out of the box is far superior. You have to chip the Golf to get it in the same area as the CIvic, if you drop a supercharger in th eCivic you have something that will all but keep up with an M3.

Golfs are nice but, how can i put this without being flamed. They are comfy :wink:
The CTR is crisp and sharp. Oh and the seats are FAR!!!!! better than the golf recaro's. Also the gearbox is one of the best gearbox's you'll have th epleasure of using.

I like and enjoy my Golf, i love Honda's and VTEC, sorry  :smiley:
I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)