Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 420193 times)

kells

Re: KELLS, BLACK OE+ EARLY G3 GTI
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2008, 18:54 »
Ok so we got the magnex on FINALLY!!!, wasnt as easy as we first thought...it didnt fit on my standard middle box as it should have, we spent hours cutting more and more off, but apparently my middle box was a aftermarket one which was different to how the OE one would have been... so...

off the car went to have the rest of the system made up from 304 stainless up to the cat

the guys still ahd problems as when they attaced the rear hanger to the rubber it sat to the left and not within the cut out in the bumper!!!

so off came the mounting bracket and a new one welded on in a better position.

sounds pretty cool, not that loud which is how i wanted it, was a little worried with removing the middlew box, its no way as loud or as mean sounding as the custom mongoose on my jap car, but i really didnt want the golf to be loud :sick: so im happy :wink: :cool:

crap pic, took this on the way home after picking the car up, will get better pics up in the next few days including pics of the new genuine anniversary front Smoked fog lights, indicators and blanks, which all works out to be very expensive (but i got a deal from my mate at the dealers :wink:) and i will also get pics of the new momo steering wheel i should have fitted in the next day or so  :cool:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2008, 18:57 »
sits better then mine but time (and someone needing the ramp) halted my fitment...who fitted it kells and would they sort mine??
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

kells

« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2008, 19:02 »
well we had a go ourselves untill we realised the middle box on mine was a crap one, so in the end it went to alpha in leeds who are a powerflow dealer, they did a good job, had the car for 3 hours, wasnt sure if it hangs down a centimeter too much :laugh: but its hard to tell with the car been so low, so yeah im pretty happy with it, and theirs no knocking what so ever and its a very good tight fit, he did say theirs almost no space at all to get the magnex type to fit, was a close call..

Offline RiCHiE360

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2008, 19:05 »
Looks 110% mint kells mate!

Bet your chuffed with it after the initial hold up..

While i remember what tyres are you runnin? 195/50 or 195/45 make too please  :rolleyes: haha

Nice one

Roofless VR6 FTW

kells

« Reply #24 on: 25 March 2008, 19:13 »
hahaha  they are 195/ 50, im not sure of the name tbh, will check in a bit and fire over a pm for you matey, i got them as they look Spot on, from my mate who works at ATS, and iv been happy with them but my mate just got (and i cant spell this) Verdistynes on his they look AWESOME!! too..

yeah pleased with the exhaust just getting used to how it looks as iv been running round with no back box so to see 2 big shiny pipes looks mad hahahaha

kells

« Reply #25 on: 25 March 2008, 19:16 »
Here is another and the only other pic i have right now, more to come in next day or so.. :cool:

Offline filthy

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 25 March 2008, 23:10 »
Looking good  :smiley:
Having trouble keeping it on the straight and narrow?  www.powersteeringstore.co.uk

kells

« Reply #27 on: 27 March 2008, 19:49 »
the momo boss didnt fit ffs, thats 2 i have had sent to me now which are wrong...the latest is for a airbag model, it has the same part number too which is confusing, so now i am on the lookout for a momo boss kit to suit a mk 3 without airbag...

annie fogs lights, blanks and indicators are all on now too, i have sealed them as a extra precaution with all this sh!t weather i cant be arsed with them misting up :cool

pics tomo hopefully if the weather is ok!

The magnex is also great with no probs, drove it to doncaster and back last night (from Leeds)... first impressions are good :smug:
« Last Edit: 27 March 2008, 19:51 by kells »

Offline eightyeightmph

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 27 March 2008, 20:18 »
Thats crazy the first one I got (off ebay) fiited straight on?

What's stopping it fitting? I'll try & get the part no. off mine if that'll help?

Really want a magnex exhaust or at least one like that - the DTM is getting boring, pretty damn loud!

Really like it it dude, looks good! :smiley:
2016 GOLF GTD

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #29 on: 27 March 2008, 20:54 »
car looks mint  :cool:

love the interior mods :afro: