Author Topic: Sevilla Alloy Wheels on GTI with Winter Tyres, replacing 19inch Santiago  (Read 5822 times)

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
Hi All,

I plan to swap my 19inch Santiago Alloys for a set of Sevilla GTD alloys with winter tyres shortly.

Will the existing wheel bolts for the 19inch alloys fit ok, and are there any other differences that I should be aware of when swapping 18 for 19inch alloys?

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

(Also looking for a new 19 inch Santiago Alloy, if anyone is considering selling one)

Online Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
If I was going to fit a set of winter wheels, I’d go for a set that are powder coated / painted rather than a set of diamond cut Sevilla alloys. A powder coated / painted finish is much more durable and better suited to winter weather than a diamond cut finish, and no risk of the dreaded white worm corrosion either.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
Thank you for the info re tyre size.

Totally agree on the white worm, it has destroyed two of my existing alloys.

Are there any OEM GTI, GTR, R 18 inch powder coated alloys?

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van

These
https://vdsshop.co.uk/collections/mk7-golf-gti/products/vw-18-pretoria-alloy-wheels
Not cheap, but nice.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here

There’s the GTI version of the Sevilla alloys - dark anthracite grey with a red pinstripe around the rim. They seem to divide opinion; a bit of a ‘Marmite’ wheel. There’s also the Rotary (18”, anthracite grey) and Motorsport (available 18” black, but available in anthracite on on some websites), both are available as VW accessories, but not as factory fit alloys.

I had the Rotary’s on my mk6 GTD - not as a winter wheel, but for all year round use.

Rotary and Motorsport alloys are both on the website at the link below, along with a number of other powder coated / painted alloys. Unfortunately, I don’t think they ship to the UK, but the website includes details of each wheels’ part number so should help you source a set if you find any you like. The wheels on the website include details of model usage, so you can see which wheels are suitable for the mk7 / 7.5 GTI.

https://shops.volkswagen.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/alloy-wheels-and-complete-wheels
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
I have just bought these, and put on Bridgestone A005, All season tyres.

https://cmwheels.com/product/18-vw-golf-r-pretoria-style-wheels-hyper-silver-vw-audi-5x112/

They look great and a good price.

Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
I've got the anthracite Sevilles, I didn't pick them, the ex-demo car was otherwise what I wanted so I let them slide.

They've grown on me a little, but ultimately they're still getting demoted to winters when I find some 18x8s I like. Speedline Turinis, ATS GTR.. something light and tough.

I'd like them more if I could work out if the red stripe can be removed?? They hide filth brilliantly.

« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 11:11 by mike roberts »
'18 245PP DSG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
A wheel refurber could remove the red stripe if you really wanted to. About £120 a wheel and you can have them finished with whatever finish you want.

I rather like those wheels, even the red stripe.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
I have just bought these, and put on Bridgestone A005, All season tyres.

https://cmwheels.com/product/18-vw-golf-r-pretoria-style-wheels-hyper-silver-vw-audi-5x112/

They look great and a good price.

Do they come with TÜV certification ?