Author Topic: Roof bar related request  (Read 2658 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Roof bar related request
« on: 04 December 2018, 21:00 »
Evening all
I have  a set of genuine VW roof bars that I bought when I had a 3dr. I now have a 5dr and they appear to be a perfect fit on the car.
The front bar has a small locater lug fitted to the foot but the rears don’t. Reading through the instructions which are universal to both the only difference I can see in the list of parts is a small card which you use to separate the window seal to push the rear foot in. If that’s the only difference I believe P**s is being taken as the 5dr versions are a bit dearer :whistle:
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between them ?
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: Roof bar related request
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2018, 14:21 »
I have a set of 3 door ones if you want me to take a photo/measure or something? 

The bit of plastic that spreads the window rubber is a joke, I just use a supermarket loyalty card with mine  :wink:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2018, 14:22 »
Oh wait, you have a 5 door now.   Well, just see if they fit?  We have Nissan Juke as well with roof bars that look like they are made by the same people, neither front or back set has a locator lug, you can put them where you want.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2018, 20:14 »
Well the Christmas tree didn’t fall off and the bars were still solidly in place when I got home so all good 👍

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2018, 20:46 »
Well the Christmas tree didn’t fall off and the bars were still solidly in place when I got home so all good 👍

Christmas tree already?? That's what Christmas Eve is for.... :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2018, 20:52 »

Ha ha. There are a couple of houses near me who’ve gone all out with their outside Christmas illuminations. One of them had them up and illuminated in all their glory mid week last week while we were still in November! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2018, 21:09 »

Ha ha. There are a couple of houses near me who’ve gone all out with their outside Christmas illuminations. One of them had them up and illuminated in all their glory mid week last week while we were still in November! :grin:

That's the same around here. Thankfully not in my close though  :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2018, 22:15 »

Love Christmas as much as the next person, but not in November! Our tree is where it should be at the start of December; still in the ground.
7.5 GTD

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2018, 23:08 »
I've just taken delivery of the 5 door roof bars, only one has the locating lugs.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 07:48 by rjwojcik »
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2018, 08:22 »
I've just taken delivery of the 5 door roof bars, only one has the locating lugs.

That’s good to know 👍 so according to the prices on the VW Accessories site that bit of card costs £12 😲