Author Topic: My 17 plate GTI damage in vw main dealer what to do ??  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
Any help please took my pride and joy in to the local vw dealer today for her first service. Went to pick her up on the way home and goes out with the young girl to hand the car over to me and a nice scratch on the nsf of the bumper. Out comes the workshop manger to have a look who told me that they were responsible and would sort it out as they could get it in to there Bobby shop and sort it out ( he got me really pissoff when he said we could touch it up ) oh I flipped then he said he would repaint the front 6 inches of the front bumper as that's all it would need .. this is when I ask the girl to do me a letter saying that they told full responsibility and left before I done something or said something I may regret.. any advice or help thanks lee
« Last Edit: 08 May 2018, 17:45 by Lee099721 »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: My 17 plate GTI damage in vw main dealer what to do ??
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2018, 18:04 »
It needs to be back to the condition it was when it went in. If it means fully respraying the bumper then so be it. I wouldn't accept a smart repair or even a blended repair.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2018, 18:39 »
Thanks mate that's what I was thinking but how would I no if he done a full bumper repair or a smart repair would you be able to tell when it was finished and thanks for your reply

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2018, 20:30 »
A top notch body shop might be able to do just the scuffed area but it's your car and they've damaged it. I'd be pressing for a complete bumper respray from an approved body shop and getting the dealer to agree to this. Your car is 1 year old so don't let the service manager try and fob you off with a smart repair. I'd be asking for the dealer principles name too and letting him know what's gone on.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2018, 20:41 »
That's crap! Depends what colour it is as what would be best but certainly I'd say that a touch up or smart repair would not be the solution. Most smart repairs can be spotted a mile off with poor quality colour match, over spray and orange peel.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2018, 21:27 »
Never mind the full bumper, I'd be wanting it blended into the wings as well.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2018, 21:27 »
This happened to me twice with my mk6

The first time a headlight was replaced under warranty as they scratched it during PDI - they then proceeded to damage my bumper while refitting it and reversed my car into a chair while I watched through the workshop window.

Luckily the car was undamaged but I got 1x set of GTI mats, a tank of fuel and a meal for the family which I put a receipt in for about £100 and got it

During its first service (at a different branch) the mechanic Kerbed my wheel and cut the tyre

They denied it but the scrapnel was still all over the wheel so couldn’t deny it

For that one I got another meal out, another tank of fuel and a new alloy and tyre

When I took the clubsport in for its service they were given the riot act and they were certainly on their best behaviour!
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2018, 05:45 »
Thanks mate that's what I was thinking but how would I no if he done a full bumper repair or a smart repair would you be able to tell when it was finished and thanks for your reply

If you can't tell the difference, then I'd say that would be an acceptable outcome regardless of how they achieve it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2018, 06:38 »
Never mind the full bumper, I'd be wanting it blended into the wings as well.
Why on earth would you need it blending into the front wings? It's the bumper that scratched not the wings.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2018, 07:51 »
I agree with Chris here. I'd want the panel (bumper) doing properly (not smart repaired), but wouldn't' want more new paint on the car than is absolutely necessary. So long as the paint match is spot on, there should be no need for any blending on the wings (whcih in itself could be more noticeable than the original repair).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras