Author Topic: Golf Mk4 TDI 1.9 2002  (Read 3245 times)

Offline marauder2k9

• Just got here
Golf Mk4 TDI 1.9 2002
« on: 08 January 2018, 03:39 »
Hey guys, i recently bought a golf mk4 from a friend who was looking rid of it so i got it for a good price! Im super happy to join the clan of golf collectors! As good as this car is and it is amazing i want to make a few changes to make it a bit more modern along with the usual things that i can sort out myself (cd player, headlights/rear lights interior lighting) i want to make a couple of mods that i need some advice on.

1st modification: I want to fit an autodimming rear view mirror, the mirror in this car is not auto dimming atm and as far as i can see has no wiring going to it, you pull the lever to deflect glare. Is there a way to wire an auto dimming mirror to this model?

2nd modification: I have vcds and a way to program this but is it possible to fit a MFSW from a MK6 into a MK4 that doesnt have a mfsw? I understand either way you need the module from the mk6 for it to work at all but the tutorials i have seen guys have fitted them to a mk4 that already had a mfsw

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Golf Mk4 TDI 1.9 2002
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2018, 15:59 »
Mod 1 is relatively easy as they were an optional extra on the mk4, just a case of finding the parts and fitting it.

Mod 2 is not possible that easily if at all. Getting the buttons to work may be possible with correct hardware, but I don't an mk6 control module will work in a mk4 at all (entirely different bus protocols). You also have the issue of the airbag... which I doubt has been tested in a mk4.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles