Author Topic: Isaac blue or indium grey??  (Read 5473 times)

Offline FifthEarl

• Not said much yet
Isaac blue or indium grey??
« on: 09 December 2017, 14:09 »
New to the forum btw. Have ordered a mk7.5 in Isaac blue gtd but I’m doing my own head in thinking i should have gone for indium grey. It’s not too late to change though would really appreciate feedback on both colours. Cheers

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
Re: Isaac blue or indium grey??
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2017, 14:36 »
Welcome to The Forum.I would go for Isaac Blue.It is a cracking colour. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline FifthEarl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2017, 14:50 »
Cheers pal and I envy you with carbon grey as that’s a fantastic colour though obviously not available on 7.5’s. Thing is with Isaac there’s too many conflicting pics on net, some look great others not so good whereas grey always looks a bit sporty and expensive.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2017, 22:45 »
Cheers pal and I envy you with carbon grey as that’s a fantastic colour though obviously not available on 7.5’s. Thing is with Isaac there’s too many conflicting pics on net, some look great others not so good whereas grey always looks a bit sporty and expensive.

I think there is a thread on here that runs to 6 or7 pages on the best colour.It will show up if you do a search.
You need to get it right with the colour,you are going to be looking at every day!.Happy hunting!. :smiley:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2017, 01:50 »
Isaac blue every time. 
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2017, 14:28 »
Colour is a very personal choice, personally I'm a big fan of blue but I'm thinking more Audi Sapang blue, I don't think I've seen Issac in the flesh but it looks more of a green/grey/petrol blue in photos. If I was ordering a new car I'd go for white silver, but like I say it's a personal thing.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 16:12 by Little Lofty »
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2017, 16:03 »
Neither, go for Tungsten it's better than both  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2017, 00:51 »
..... I don't think I've seen Issac in the flesh but it looks more of a green/grey/petrol blue in photos.

In the metal isaac blue is pretty close to the Mk5's blue graphite, if that helps.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline FifthEarl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2017, 17:39 »
Ok I’ve decided I’ll stick with my ordered Isaac blue. Would still like to see any existing owners pics if poss though. Anyway cheers for the comments👍🏼

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2017, 21:17 »
Neither, go for Tungsten it's better than both  :whistle:

LOL.

I spent ages unable to decide between Isaac and Indium, but now actually prefer Tungsten to both.  :smiley:

As has been said Isaac is quite similar to Blue Graphite from the Mk5. I like it but it's a little bit dark for me. Every man and his dog with a Mk7.5 near me either has Pure White or Indium Grey. I can't explain why, but Indium has lost a little bit of its appeal to me lately.
7.5 GTD