Author Topic: V1 Wheels - experience?  (Read 8309 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
V1 Wheels - experience?
« on: 05 December 2017, 15:30 »
Has anyone had experience with those wheels yet? Apparently they are pretty new to the market and only offering 3 wheel designs, each one in several finishes, but I've been after a reasonably priced 19" wheel to resemble the Pretorias' look (don't like deviating much from OEM looks) for quite some time without any luck (it would have to be either super expensive or cheap heavy replicas) and suddenly I come across these and I think they look amazing:

https://v1-wheels.de/4/Felgen/V1-SW%2B-%28Schwarz-Glanz-Lackiert-Gr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe-18Zoll%2810%2C40Kg%29-ET-ET35

They are a German manufacturer and wheels are TUV approved so quality shouldn't be bad at all, and while 10.8kg for a 19" is not featherweight, it's still much better than every ebay knock-off as well as several entry and mid-level wheels currently on offer. What makes it crazy is their price though. I don't know if that's because they are new and unknown in the wheel scene but 668 eur + shipping sounds less than I would ever hope for. For what was up to now just my wheel budget (1200-1400 eur) I can get a set of those AND and some sticky PS4S in 235/35/19!

Some photos of them on a 7.5 GTI:

Some presentation video of them (in German): https://youtu.be/i9NtlZbz2_A

Unless something negative comes up about them I can say I'm relieved that my "if not Pretorias what else" journey has come to an end finally. Just a few months too early though...
« Last Edit: 05 December 2017, 15:38 by scanesare »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: V1 Wheels - experience?
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2017, 15:43 »
Funny actually, when i saw just the wheels in the photo I was about to ask when you were open for selling narcotics...

Then on the car itself, I think those look quite OEM, especially with the VW logo'ed hub cover.

My one concern would be if the spokes came out wide of the tyre wall - my mate had some he bought for his SEAT and they got f'ed up real quick on curbs...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2017, 16:22 »
I think they look great fitted to that GTI :grin:
Right you've got my attention, I don't want to be the Guiny pig so I'll look forward to seeing pics if you get them lol
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2017, 18:41 »
Look very good and I see they do a Daytona grey colour too.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2017, 19:07 »
They look great
« Last Edit: 05 December 2017, 19:10 by Rob1981 »
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2017, 19:27 »
Funny actually, when i saw just the wheels in the photo I was about to ask when you were open for selling narcotics...

Then on the car itself, I think those look quite OEM, especially with the VW logo'ed hub cover.

My one concern would be if the spokes came out wide of the tyre wall - my mate had some he bought for his SEAT and they got f'ed up real quick on curbs...

Lol, me I think the same when I see 90% tint front and back  :grin:   But as you say, I think those wheels (and with the VW caps on) look so much OEM that make a great choice for anyone wanting to stick to that. From a side view the spokes don't look to come out of the tyre wall:

I think they look great fitted to that GTI :grin:
Right you've got my attention, I don't want to be the Guiny pig so I'll look forward to seeing pics if you get them lol

They are definitely going to go on my car in a few months time if nothing bad comes up about the brand so there'll be plenty of photos.

Some extra info:

They come in 4 different finishes: gloss black, grey, gloss black diamond cut faces, grey diamond cut faces. The V3 design also looks like it would suit the MK7 well but I've locked on the Pret-like V1. Oh and they come at a VAG common center bore of 57.1mm which means no need for spigot rings etc. even more OEM then. All designs here:
https://v1-wheels.de/k1/Felgen

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2017, 19:34 »
shame they don't do a silver finish too
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2017, 19:48 »

Glossy daytona grey maybe for you sir? I know it's not silver but it's also not matte grey which is a common finish in other brands but I find quite dull and looking as if it's always dirty. The glossy finishes when clean make the car look so much better in my eyes.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 December 2017, 20:43 »

Glossy daytona grey maybe for you sir? I know it's not silver but it's also not matte grey which is a common finish in other brands but I find quite dull and looking as if it's always dirty. The glossy finishes when clean make the car look so much better in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of black wheels, yes I know the wheels on my car are mostly black but I think it depends on the colour of the car.

Grey can look good on any colour though I think.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 05 December 2017, 20:44 »
If they turn out to be a good strong wheel I'll be ordering a set
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)