Author Topic: Beware Front end TWOC (pic heavy)  (Read 14630 times)

Offline Stuartr1024768

• Not said much yet
Re: Beware Front end TWOC (pic heavy)
« Reply #20 on: 01 August 2017, 18:58 »
Unfortunately this is a sign of the times, we had my GTD and the Mrs's MK3 Beetle go in January off the drive.  Within two days the Beetle (well its shell !) was dumped in Birmingham minus everything except the rear wings, exhaust and chassis. Yep that's right they had stripped everything including engine, gearbox etc.

We found the wheels on eBay within 3 days (was 70's edition model so only 30 registered in the entire UK with those wheels) and could see in the images little kerb marks I knew and was wearing the same make of non-brand cheap tyres we had put on her a few months before (mrs is tight on tyres !). Anyway sent all info to police, do you know what they did about it ? Yep, nothing, not a thing ! They just don't have the resource to do any investigative work for things like this anymore ! Sad state of affairs.

Anyway, sorry to hear your woe's. As already suggested get a marker system (smart water etc.) and mark up them parts ! Already done my new cars on most externally removable parts.

Bets of luck !
5 door GTD, Manual, Pure White, Flaps ! & DTUK Box

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 01 August 2017, 19:20 »
Should have told the police that someone had been nasty to you on twitter, that's their main area of concern these days...

Whilst tagging or smart water is good, it does need them to actually bother to check...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 01 August 2017, 20:07 »
What a weird and incredibly annoying theft.  :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 01 August 2017, 22:27 »
Had this done to me on a 3 series, stolen front M sport bumper.

It's facking sh!te and nothing the police can do about it.

It started off with them stealing the indicator lights (e36 - separate headlamp and indicators) replaced twice over the course of a month then a week later the front bumper had gone. Car was sold the week after.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2017, 22:33 by Briggsy »

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 02 August 2017, 12:37 »
Well like most of you have mentioned,the police rang to say unless I know who has done it then there is no need for a visit and it is on file pending further evidence. I expected that to be honest,they did the same when my other GTI was stolen. Clearing my garage out this weekend for the cars return. New front light for the house and maybe a CCTV. One of the main reason for this post was a heads up to the members. Thanks. Gulf.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Stuartr1024768

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 02 August 2017, 13:09 »
Spot on gulfstream and if it makes you feel any better I put in cctv and an alarm the week after this happened to me.  Well worth it as 3 weeks later the tw$ts came back to have another go at the new cars but we're obviously blind as got clear close ups of both of them.  One is now spending 6 years at her majesty's pleasure ! IMO cctv and alarm are no brainier and not the expensive nowadays !
5 door GTD, Manual, Pure White, Flaps ! & DTUK Box

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 02 August 2017, 19:28 »
Mate that is awful thing to happen, thieving a-holes, unbelievable!!.....hope you get sorted ok 

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 03 August 2017, 09:42 »
I've never seen a front end stolen like that, have heard of catalytic converters and apparently Mercedes Sprinter rear lights are common. Sorry it happened to you, but I suppose there's not a lot you can do - at least they didn't take the car.

We had an attempted break in at 01.30 Wednesday morning, they had a go at the double french doors at the back of the house, snapped the handle off and attacked the Euro lock with tools (this is the standard way of getting into houses now) and butchered it. Thankfully the doors have a cylinder guard as well as an anti snap cylinder so they didn't get in - I have the whole event on CCTV, they were there for 20 minutes. The Police have said they were definitely after the car keys.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 03 August 2017, 12:14 »
I've. Filled one of my front bumper torx  head nuts with waterproof gorilla glue to see  if it will make  a thiefs life more difficult, it's hammering down with rain at the moment so waiting to do the other 3.

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 03 August 2017, 12:30 »
I've. Filled one of my front bumper torx  head nuts with waterproof gorilla glue to see  if it will make  a thiefs life more difficult, it's hammering down with rain at the moment so waiting to do the other 3.

Exactly my plan on return of the car. Though I was thinking of making them useless without been drilled.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP