Author Topic: Saying Hi with a question-can you help with my Bora problem.?  (Read 950 times)

Offline xpeterpx

• Not said much yet
Hi all 1st post and saying hi with a question already!

I have a 2000/w 2.0l Bora(APK engine) with AUTO gearbox and have been trying to solve a slightly lumpy idling problem for ages with no success..I think I have tried just about everything..
Nothing registers on my rev counter and although it warm idles on around 950-980 rpm I can still feel a definite 'wobble' every now and then.
To date I have changed plugs,leads,lambda sensor,MAF,coolant temp sensor,coil pack, cleaned the TB and as I have full vag-com done an alignment and checked over for vacuum pipes for any leaks.
Vag-com shows no fault codes. I'm now going to try and swap the ECU to see if that helps but I'm really clutching at straws now.
I've tried just about every forum so far to no avail!!!
Can anyone suggest where I might be best to check next or offer any advice please..

Many thanks for any help
Peter
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 10:18 by xpeterpx »

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Sounds like you may be trying to fix the unfixable there... My Golf has a bit of a lump at idle now and then but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

One think you could try is fuel filter though....  :wink:

Oh and welcome!!
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline xpeterpx

• Not said much yet
Hi mate and thanks for the warm welcome..
I think you're right,plus looking through some other posts here seems to be a common problem.
IF I can suss it out I'll happily post the solution to help others..

pete

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Yeah keep us posted mate!! Hope you find something  :smiley:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

jamie16v

Hope you find something  :smiley:
lol, is that a good thing?... :rolleyes:

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
or buy my spare 2.0 8v engine and manual box   :wink:

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
check your air intake system .. pipes and all that stuff for any cracks etc.. and if i was you i would check every liquid in the car.. engine oil, gearbox fluid etc..

my whole car was shaking and the clutch and gearbox was acting funny ...i was going to buy engine mounts thinking it is that ...but in the end after looking for a 2 weeks at what it could be it ended up being the gearbox fluid!!!! only cost me £10 get it fixed!!  :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline xpeterpx

• Not said much yet
Many thanks for the info..my next port of call is going to be the vacuum pipes and any intakes..I know my oil/water & all other fluids are fine.
Out of interest how is the gear oil associated to the idling problem..was it because it was low..?

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
mine was completely empty... for some reason kwick fit left the nut loose and the gear box fluid gradually leaked out.. when i confronted them they denied it so nothing i could do there.... :angry:

i have no idea how it was associated with the idling and the whole engine shaking when it was cold... putting fluid back in sorted it all out.. im glad wasnt nothing expensive  :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!