Author Topic: Question on paying off PCP early  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Question on paying off PCP early
« on: 22 January 2022, 10:41 »
Asking this for a friend of mine as I just don’t know the answer. My friend is about to take delivery of a new MK8 R-line. As part of his PCP deal he got not only a decent discount off list, but also a good deposit contribution from VWFS (think it was about £1500).

He has the means to pay the PCP off immediately but doesn’t want to loose the deposit contribution from VWFS, so was asking if there is a minimum number of regular payments he needs to make on the agreement before settling it completely so he still retains the contribution ?

Anyone know definitively ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Question on paying off PCP early
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2022, 11:17 »
I only took the PCP to get the benefit of VW’s finance deposit contribution and always intended to exercise my right to withdraw within the 14 day cooling off period under UK consumer credit legislation.

I phoned VWFS three days after collecting the car to exercise my right to withdraw from the PCP, and I paid off the settlement figure (from memory) 7-10 days later - i.e. before making any monthly repayments. I retained the finance deposit contribution in full and only got charged three days interest from the start date of the PCP to the date I notified my intention to withdraw at a nominal rate of £2.07 per day.

Once you’ve notified VWFS of your intentions to with draw, you can’t change your mind. VWFS will provide the settlement figure over the phone when you notify the intention to withdraw and they confirm the settlement figure in writing, along with details of when it needs to be paid by, and the methods of payment they’ll accept. Once the settlement figure has been paid, they sent a letter to confirm they no longer have any financial interest in the car (I received the letter around three weeks after I paid the settlement figure).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2022, 12:46 »
As above - you can do it anytime just using your statutory rights under the Consumer Credit Act.

Dealers/salespeople will "suggest" that you wait 2-3 months at least, and that's partly due to the fact that the finance company will claw back commission paid to the garage at the time of sale by the finance company - as the finance deal will not be running the whole term, the finance company will reduce/cancel the commission paid. That's not your friends problem of course :D
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2022, 17:00 »
Yup SRGTD is spot on.

Its the way to get max discount if you have cash.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2022, 21:35 »
Just be clear and explain you want to use your “rights to withdraw from the agreement” specifically.

Do not ask for a settlement figure because that is something entirely different.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2022, 15:44 »
Just be clear and explain you want to use your “rights to withdraw from the agreement” specifically.

Do not ask for a settlement figure because that is something entirely different.
As above or use the word “cancel your agreement”
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2022, 11:20 »
And to add a wee bit of info for clarification, if you order today and need to wait 10months for pickup of the car the right to withdraw only applies when you actually have the car in your hands. Is this correct?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2022, 11:22 »
And to add a wee bit of info for clarification, if you order today and need to wait 10months for pickup of the car the right to withdraw only applies when you actually have the car in your hands. Is this correct?

Yes because the finance isn't active until you collect the car...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2022, 11:47 »

Yes because the finance isn't active until you collect the car...

Cheers  :smiley: