Author Topic: Black Monday..T, W, T, F and..Sat!!!  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Black Monday..T, W, T, F and..Sat!!!
« on: 14 December 2015, 22:57 »
.......or should I say grey/brown Monday.  A month without a wash/detail.  I try to pretend it's not my car.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

One day, it will be clean again, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day soon.  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 19 December 2015, 18:54 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: Black Monday.......
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2015, 23:27 »
Don't worry poor 'R', you can come and love with me if you feel too neglected  :tongue:

« Last Edit: 14 December 2015, 23:59 by Booth11 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2015, 00:00 »
Don't worry poor 'R', you can come and love with me if you feel too neglected  :tongue:

I'll send the poor unloved R over to you. You work your magic on it.  Then I want it back. :tongue: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2015, 07:03 »
But we all know that deep down you are really excited about bringing her back from the brink!  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2015, 08:03 »
But we all know that deep down you are really excited about bringing her back from the brink!  :grin:

Ordinarily I'd agree, but it's very close to going over the brink!  And I'm tipping from 'challenge and excitement' phase, to 'utter despair' phase.  :laugh:

Still if you think that's dirty, you should see the Beast (Amarok).  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  I don't know how one man can filthy a car in such a short space of time!  Looks like he's been off-roading!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 December 2015, 08:38 »
Looks like you've been doing some heavy braking there Booth!

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 December 2015, 08:53 »
I feel your pain. :cry:  I was getting concerned a few weeks back I'd missed my window to get my Winter prep done. Luckily I'd booked a few days of and the weather stayed dry and I managed to get it sorted.
I must admit I like the sense of achievement from taking a filthy car to a clean and shiny one...

« Last Edit: 20 December 2015, 19:23 by Blackmass »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 15 December 2015, 09:17 »
Looks like you've been doing some heavy braking there Booth!

Not particularly braking hard at all.   In 3 months I've only had the front assist given me 2 warnings.  Chance to build up enough speed to warrant braking hard, would be a fine thing.  Canterbury city has gone into xmas traffic meltdown mode.  In the space of a week my average mpg has plummeted from 24 to 19.9!  :shocked:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 15 December 2015, 09:23 »
I feel your pain. :cry:  I was getting concerned a few back I'd missed my window to get my Winter prep done. Luckily I'd booked a few days of and the weather stayed dry and I managed to get it sorted.
I must admit I like the sense of achievement from taking a filthy car to a clean and shiny one...

Great transformation! :cool: Nice winter prep. Bet you feel better driving it now.  :smiley:

It's very satisfying restoring the car to clean self (albeit temporarily).  Hard work though.  Fortunately I did my winter prep back in Oct, so hopefully getting it back into decent shape shouldn't be too bad. It's just finding time atm, and a gap in the weather.  The two things never seem to come together at the same time.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Black Monday..T, W, T, F and..Sat!!!
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2015, 18:56 »
Even the family have had enough of my filthy R and thought it would be funny to tell me their own not so subtle way.  Came back from an errand to find this today, and my partner and daughter sniggering away!

That's it!  Come rain or snow it's getting cleaned tomorrow.  There's no way on this earth I can drive round in this skanky beast any longer  :embarrassed: LOL.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual