Author Topic: Quarts Tyre Dressing and Snow Foam 50% off offer!!!  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Quarts Tyre Dressing and Snow Foam 50% off offer!!!
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2015, 21:14 »
I've just ordered the tyre dressing using the discount code, thanks Rebecca.

I know this is a silly question but...I don't know the viscosity of the dressing, so any tips on how to apply the dressing? What's the best applicator?

Hi Blackmass

The tyre dressing is quite thin in consistency, therefore very easy to apply.  I use simple foam applicators,  the sort used for applying waxes, like below.  You can buy them in multipacks on Amazon too very cheaply, but the cleanyourcar brand or Meguiars ones last a long time.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/foam-wax-applicator/prod_89.html

There is this type of applicator too but I think this is better suited to thicker solutions. I always used this type with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel, but I think the flat foam pads above are better for the Quarts.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/meguiars-tyre-dressing-applicator/prod_765.html

I recommend decanting the tyre dressing into a spray bottle, then spray liberally onto the foam pad and apply all around the sidewall of the tyre.  When spraying onto the pad, do it well away from the car otherwise you'll end up with tyre dressing all over your clean paintwork, even if there's no wind.  Depending on the finish you like, apply to all the tyres, then if you like a matt or satin finish, go round with a microfibre and gently wipe off any excess.  For more gloss finish don't wipe down after.  I  often apply a second coat in the same manner, but one coat gives a good enough finish, so that's personal preference. 

After use give the foam pads a wash with a strong detergent and rinse thoroughly after use.  I always have a couple on the go when doing mine otherwise they get too saturated and greasy.  Use one to do a couple tyres, then another for the other 2 tyres.

Hope this helps  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2015, 21:39 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2015, 22:25 »
Thanks Rebecca. You covered everything I needed to know.

I'll report back on how I get on.

Much appreciated. :smiley:
Cheers
Rob

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2015, 07:48 »
I've just ordered the tyre dressing using the discount code, thanks Rebecca.

I know this is a silly question but...I don't know the viscosity of the dressing, so any tips on how to apply the dressing? What's the best applicator?

It goes on like water so I use a MF cloth which just gets used for the tyres and I've used the same one now for months. its that soaked I use it between big cleans just to freshen up the tyres.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2015, 09:34 »
Forum discount is still working, 2 litres of snow foam on the way. If it's good enough for Rebecca and she recommends it, it's good enough for me.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2015, 11:23 »
Forum discount is still working, 2 litres of snow foam on the way. If it's good enough for Rebecca and she recommends it, it's good enough for me.

It's very good stuff at an even better price Peter. :cool:  Let us know what you think when you've tried it.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2015, 21:38 »

Hi Peter, looks like you got the last lot as it's now out of stock!

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #16 on: 16 September 2015, 17:41 »
I've been waiting for them to come back into stock! Picked the right moment to order then, they've just turned up in time for the weekend, 2 cars to wash...
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline PeterWynne

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 23 September 2015, 16:51 »
Tyre dressing is brilliant - lasts much longer than the Maguires that used to use..

Offline rallye_golf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 10 October 2015, 23:27 »
I have been on their website trying to order some stuff based on these reviews, but it seems they have no stock of anything?
Have they stopped trading?  :sad:

Serves me right for taking soo long to get around to ordering I suppose...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 11 October 2015, 00:04 »
I have been on their website trying to order some stuff based on these reviews, but it seems they have no stock of anything?
Have they stopped trading?  :sad:

Serves me right for taking soo long to get around to ordering I suppose...

I'll find out what the situation with Quarts stuff is for you.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual