Author Topic: Dodo juice purple haze pro  (Read 11525 times)

Offline DubSociety

• I live here
Re: Dodo juice purple haze pro
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2010, 13:35 »

f*** me ... that is siiiiiick!!!!!!!!!  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2010, 14:12 »
Si, I want to have sex with your car, it looks lovely.

Black does shine well,bugger to keep that way.My neighbours probably think i have either have ocd or i`m a sad fatherless son as soon as the pot of dodo turned up i was out on my drive waxing away 1700-1810  :grin:
« Last Edit: 17 March 2010, 14:14 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline naturn007

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2010, 14:52 »
Delightful result, delightful motor, I NEED one!!  I NEED one now!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2010, 18:49 »
do remember though guys its a newish golf your looking at and the paint wont be that bad tbh, if your asuming that applying dodojuice to an unprept car will look like this then your setting yourself up for a fall :wink:

im in no way p155ing on anyones fireworks here.....just telling you how it is :smiley:

@kev :undecided: i'll send the men in white coats round :wink: :laugh:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline DubSociety

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2010, 23:29 »
do remember though guys its a newish golf your looking at and the paint wont be that bad tbh, if your asuming that applying dodojuice to an unprept car will look like this then your setting yourself up for a fall :wink:

im in no way p155ing on anyones fireworks here.....just telling you how it is :smiley:

@kev :undecided: i'll send the men in white coats round :wink: :laugh:

lol yeah mate, I figured.

Offline Captain Sensible

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2010, 12:06 »
Lovely job but WOW 99.95  :shocked:for a tub of wax seems extreme. I mean how much are they charging for the hardwood case the wax is in ?. How many times can you wax your car for that kind of money.

I have treaded in my Outlander for a GTI which I am still waiting on. On the outlander I used a product called 'Glare' and then finished it off with a coat of 'Collite' wax with great results for a fraction of the cost. I'm going to buy a Meguiars G220 dual polisher as the years are getting on and I don't have the same energy levels.

See if you can talk me into trying this wax what improvements would I see over my own car which develops a wet look for a fraction of the cost.
On Order Golf GTI 5 Door Manual - Pearl Black - 18' Vision Alloys - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric Tyers - Sunroof - Xenon Lights - Touch Screen Cd Player With Dyneaudio amp and speakers - Folding Wing Mirrors - Dealer Fit - Steel VW kick plates - Front And Rear Mud Flaps - Sill boot protector - Boot liner - 3 year Service Plan - Carpet Matts With GTI Logo And Red Pipping.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2010, 12:13 »
Lovely job but WOW 99.95  :shocked:for a tub of wax seems extreme. I mean how much are they charging for the hardwood case the wax is in ?. How many times can you wax your car for that kind of money.

I have treaded in my Outlander for a GTI which I am still waiting on. On the outlander I used a product called 'Glare' and then finished it off with a coat of 'Collite' wax with great results for a fraction of the cost. I'm going to buy a Meguiars G220 dual polisher as the years are getting on and I don't have the same energy levels.

See if you can talk me into trying this wax what improvements would I see over my own car which develops a wet look for a fraction of the cost.

eh? who said anything about purple haze pro costing a ton?  :huh:

try waxamomo - http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=308&idcategory=37

£42.95 is a bit of a bargain for that!

in case you are thinking of supernatural in a wood panel pot... it is only £80 http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=180&idcategory=37 and the pot is refillable... however supernatural isn't that super imo

if you want to look at decent wax prices then try swissvax  :wink:  paul dalton's crystal rock is only £550 which is a veritable bargain compared to 'divine' which is a snip @ £1600 :afro:
« Last Edit: 18 March 2010, 12:18 by Guy »

Offline sch01

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2010, 12:19 »
you dont NEED to buy the 1 in the wooden tub tho, i've went for the standard purple haze at £31 or so

any 1 tell me what the main difference is on the pro version, noticed its an extra £10, is it harder to apply or???

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2010, 12:26 »
you dont NEED to buy the 1 in the wooden tub tho, i've went for the standard purple haze at £31 or so

any 1 tell me what the main difference is on the pro version, noticed its an extra £10, is it harder to apply or???

which wooden tub are we talking about here... can someone provide a link please?

it contains more carnauba and more of the sealant element that red mist has in it - lasts longer so essentially less work and better shine and durability  :wink:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2010, 12:36 »
the wooden tub he's on about is supernatural,

yes collinite is cheaper but the gloss it gives doesnt even compare to dodo wax's, i use both :grin:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!