Author Topic: Treats for the golf  (Read 1731 times)

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
Treats for the golf
« on: 30 August 2014, 20:21 »
Finally feel I am reaching the point where I can say I am content with the progress on the golf now, had some little treats for the old girl today in the shape of some new fittings - courtesy of my long time good friend - who we shall refer to as Dr. Boost. He doesn't weld often but I feel proud enough of his work to show it.

Some fittings:

The exhaust - again courtesy of Dr. Boost:

So after Bill at Badger5 has mapped it, what this has done now is made the engine more accessible, robust and pleasing to the eye.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2014, 20:24 by rockmonkey69 »

Offline davemk4

• I live here
Re: Treats for the golf
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2014, 21:20 »
Epic work wish mine looked half that good
2001 mk4 GTI 1.8t AUM. k&n induction kit with customer heat shield, 3'' TIP, Forge 007P, Stage 1 map, N249 bypass, 3'' downpipe and decat, 2.75'' Jetex cat back non res, Koni shockers and H&R springs 35mm, dimpled and grooved disks front and back

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2014, 21:54 »
That exhaust looks awesome as does the welding

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2014, 23:39 »
Many thanks! I am chuffed with the quality of the work too, my mate hadn't welded in years and claims it's far from his best. It's a bit loud around town at night but fortunately the system is on v-band and there's one just behind the rear beam so should I decide to change back boxes I can do so with ease.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2014, 23:43 by rockmonkey69 »

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2014, 11:23 »
If that's not his best welding he is truly talented

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2014, 12:05 »
He loves to weld, mainly stainless and titanium, although he has done some ally welding for me and it looks tidy to me - he's never felt the need to test his weld and it's never leaked. Unfortunately his work has changed considerably, his line of work now mainly entails services, repairs and rebuilds. He doesn't do body work/spraying anymore and very little in the way of welding. So what he's done for me is with him over a year out of practise. It is most unfortunate, his hunter machine rarely sees track cars or bespoke builds anymore and I seem to be the only person who needs his corner weighing kit. Your kind words will mean a lot to him and I will pass them onto him. Thank you.

Offline celery

• Just got here
  • 2010 MK6 Golf GTI
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2014, 21:09 »
I love the look of your engine dude  :smiley: