Author Topic: OBD LINK - LX (Won't connect)  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Mr-B

• Not said much yet
OBD LINK - LX (Won't connect)
« on: 29 August 2014, 23:35 »
So i went out and bought one of these OBDLINK LX Bluetooth readers, I have paired the device to my phone no problems the phone and device connect fine but when i try connect to the car it tells me that there was no response?

basically asked me if my ignition is on. have i selected the correct OBD2 Protocol which i have set to automatic so it scans all available protocols.

I have tried using OBDLINK app and i have tried on Dashcommand and torque

This is my error

Connection failure

Verify that the scan tool is connected to the OBD2 port

Verify that the vehicle ignition is turned ON

Verify that the correct OBD2 Protocol is selected or automatic is selected

Verify that your car is OBD2 compliant

The car is a 2000 Golf GTI 1.8T AGU engine.

Anyone got any ideas why its not working. I am sure Golf's are OBD2 compliant?

Mk4 AGU 1.8T, JOM Coilovers, Creation Motorsports TIP, FMIC 2.5", WhiteLine ARB, WhiteLine Droplinks, Brembo Drilled & Grooved F/R, Forge Spacers, K&N Oil Filter, Forge Catch Tank, ECS Dogbone Mount, Custom Side Exit 2.5" (Work In Progress)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Re: OBD LINK - LX (Won't connect)
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2014, 23:51 »
Agu engine isn't obd2 compliant (well it is, but not bluetooth), its 2001+ cars that have full obd2 functionality.

Offline Mr-B

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2014, 23:54 »
Dam waste of 79 quid then! Gutted!
Mk4 AGU 1.8T, JOM Coilovers, Creation Motorsports TIP, FMIC 2.5", WhiteLine ARB, WhiteLine Droplinks, Brembo Drilled & Grooved F/R, Forge Spacers, K&N Oil Filter, Forge Catch Tank, ECS Dogbone Mount, Custom Side Exit 2.5" (Work In Progress)

Offline Mr-B

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2014, 23:58 »
No work around for this then? :(

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2014, 00:10 »
I think to get it to work you need to change the wiring loom, ecu and immobiliser? correct me if i'm wrong though.

- But in short no, no theres isn't