Author Topic: Replacing air con pipes  (Read 960 times)

Offline benmanc

• Here all the time
Replacing air con pipes
« on: 28 August 2014, 11:56 »
Has anybody replaced the aircon pipes before in the engine bay?

They all look connected to me, had a 2nd hand one delievered today and looks like one massive piping system.

My origional split on the rubber piping that comes from the compressor and looks a pain to replace a hugr trial of pipes?

Help!

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: Replacing air con pipes
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2014, 12:07 »
I've never done it, I was contemplating ripping the thing out because I never use it.
I remember your post though with the split though, have you got a pic of what they sent you? is it definitely for a MK4?
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline benmanc

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2014, 14:14 »

if I had hair I would be pulling it out haha

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2014, 16:05 »
Yeah that what I thought it would be looks like its a closed system so you cant just replace one pipe  :sad:

nightmare
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)