Author Topic: EuroJet intercooler problems. Update 28/08  (Read 3853 times)

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: EuroJet intercooler problems.
« Reply #20 on: 01 July 2014, 12:22 »
I've been looking into doing that as the bar from Eurojet need to be spaced at the bottom due to the shape of the car.  Think I might be able to cut away part of the standard one and brace it then I know it will fit 100% at both ends.

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: EuroJet intercooler problems.
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2014, 20:32 »
So got this sorted yesterday, ended up cutting the end plate off and re-welding it.

You can kinda see how much it's off and one side is not flat to the ground.

Bar cut off,

Tacked up

And finished

Looking better now and it fits.

Now here's the welds on the other side from the factory, do I cut it off too and weld it back on as well?

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: EuroJet intercooler problems. Update 28/08
« Reply #22 on: 01 September 2014, 12:48 »
the main issue was it fitting, now that's done I would leave it, that being said you want to be confident it will hold up in a crash so I wouldn't put a limit on safety so its down to you.

Was the original issue that the plates were bent slightly? it was probably put in a vice of somekind for the welds so one side may have been over tightened by the 5 year old  :grin:
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 September 2014, 14:26 »
I know in one hand I want it on the other I want it to be safe lol. Still waiting on the hood support to come from the US so have till it comes to make up my mind.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #24 on: 01 September 2014, 15:11 »
To be fair that bar isnt really going to do much in a collision anyway.

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 01 September 2014, 15:30 »
Yea that's ford sure but don't want the welds to crack after it's all fitted up. A light bit of grinding and two slaps with a hammer had the other plate off.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 01 September 2014, 17:39 »
A light bit of grinding and two slaps with a hammer had the other plate off.

You've answered your own question mate - re weld it is
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)