Author Topic: Golf VI Pricing Announced in the UK  (Read 10755 times)

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet
Golf VI Pricing Announced in the UK
« on: 17 October 2008, 17:27 »
VW in the UK has announced pricing for the all new sixth generation Golf. Following its world debut at last months Paris Motor Show, the 2010 Golf is available for order with deliveries starting in January. The entry-level S three-door model with a 1.4-litre 80 PS engine starts at £13,150 ‘on the road’ RRP while prices rise to £20,980 for the range-topping GT five-door with 2.0-litre TDI 140 PS and six-speed DSG gearbox.

In between the S and GT trim levels, the middle SE model receives an uprated stereo with MDI (multi-device interface), 16-inch alloy wheels, cruise control and coming/leaving home lighting function as well as rain and dusk sensors in addition to the standard specifications for all three models. They include ABS and ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme), seven airbags including a new driver’s knee airbag, remote central locking, Climatic air conditioning, CD/radio, plus body-coloured bumpers, door handles and electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors. The range topping GT goes a bit further with a sports suspension (lowered by around 15 mm), sports seats with Alcantara trim, fog lights and a multifunction steering wheel plus 17-inch alloys.

Engines available are four petrol and two diesel engines. Petrol units are a 1.4-litre 80 PS or 1.6-litre 102 PS, plus 1.4-litre TSI with 122 or 160 PS. The 2.0-litre common rail diesel is available in power outputs of 110 or 140 PS.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081017.002/new-golf-vi-pricing-announced-in-the-uk

Offline Edition30

• Here all the time
Re: Golf VI Pricing Announced in the UK
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2008, 22:14 »
£21k for a 2.0 GTTDI 140hp?

No thanks.  :smiley:
sorry but my vaux looks far better than the mk5 gti, thats why i bought it  :wink: faster too  :grin:  :tongue:

July/08 Pearl Black Golf GTI Edition 30

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2008, 11:31 »

x2

And that's before you put any of the options on it  :shocked:

Offline SuperSandwich4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2008, 15:06 »
So no 2L Petrol, no more GTi? It seems rather of a poor choice of petrol engines in my opinion.

So its a 1.6GT thats then the Turbo and Supercharger mix churning out 160bhp? No more ED series either?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2008, 15:41 »
Have you not seen all the mk6 GTI talk, pics, early reviews etc?

Not usual to do a limited edition as soon as a new model is out! ED35 in 2012? who knows!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SuperSandwich4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2008, 16:24 »
Sorry yes saw the talk about the GTi models but I thought looking at that list it was official no GTi models and only max 1.6 petrol engines.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 October 2008, 14:31 »
Sorry yes saw the talk about the GTi models but I thought looking at that list it was official no GTi models and only max 1.6 petrol engines.

you dont know your golfs well, eh? :laugh:

gti always comes out about 1 year later  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2008, 15:13 »

I second that aswell, VW gone mental? Wonder what GTI is going to be priced at . . . .

Offline mad man gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2008, 18:03 »

you dont know your golfs well, eh? :laugh:

gti always comes out about 1 year later  :smiley:
:grin: :grin:  gti out in oct2009

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2008, 21:38 »
The 3dr GT is going to be cheaper than the 5dr. Aren't the 3dr models usually more expensive?
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.