Author Topic: Dummy Guide to fitting remote central locking  (Read 78814 times)

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Re: Dummy Guide to fitting remote central locking
« Reply #60 on: 15 February 2013, 22:53 »
Yea only need to wire one per side and all indicators that side work

Ok got the kit will be doing it Monday morning.
Thank You.

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #61 on: 26 February 2013, 16:17 »
Installed it now everything was simple,but I would like it to be able to do full closure for windows up and windows down,what I would like to know is how to program the key fob to be able to send a message to the brain telling it I`m holding down the button for full closure.
I have the relays.
Mine is not rclick kit its called top.
Any help?
« Last Edit: 26 February 2013, 16:22 by WeekendMechanic »

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
« Reply #62 on: 26 February 2013, 22:12 »
Installed it now everything was simple,but I would like it to be able to do full closure for windows up and windows down,what I would like to know is how to program the key fob to be able to send a message to the brain telling it I`m holding down the button for full closure.
I have the relays.
Any help?

Been covered right at the start of this thread iirc , you have to buy relays and all sorts to get it working

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #63 on: 27 February 2013, 07:39 »
I have the relays.
Any help?

Been covered right at the start of this thread iirc , you have to buy relays and all sorts to get it working

Then you have not read much at all because programing the brain has not been covered much.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #64 on: 27 February 2013, 11:10 »
what "brain" do you wanna program??? probably the reason it's not covered here is cos you don't have too  :rolleyes:

most control units will send a pulse out on one of the cables if you keep the FOB pressed (e.g. mine will send a close signal (contact closure against GND) on the pink wire for 17 seconds if you keep the lock button pressed)....
you could potentially use boot release to open them... but that would depend on your specific unit and you'd have to think about the wiring (you'd need a relay for that too)....

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #65 on: 27 February 2013, 14:36 »
My unit does not send a pulse out for 17 seconds in anyway,it has boot lock but the pulse on that is only 0.5 seconds really frustrated with this unit was not cheap either....

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
« Reply #66 on: 27 February 2013, 21:22 »
TRY PAGE 4

Found this guide and used to install, great help thanks. Thought I would take a few pics to show how to do total closure. (This will only work if you already have total closure already on your car ie. hold key in lock position all windows close, hold key in unlock position all windows open)
If you haven't ordered this kit yet, then from what I can gather from the instructions you can order it with a positive trigger for the window closure module and would reccommend you email to find out if they do (save time and money!).
To accomplish this you will need 2x 4 pin N/O 12v relays. (approx £2.99 from good autofactors)
It's fairly easy. The pin layout on your relay should be something like this:

On the first relay:
You will need to connect +12v to pins 85 and 87.
Connect the window roll up wire (green) to pin 86.
Connect a lead from pin 30 to the white wire from the kit (lock pulse).

On the second relay:
You will need to connect +12v to pins 85 and 87.
Connect the window roll down wire (blue) to pin 86.
Connect a lead from pin 30 to the white and black wire from the kit (unlock pulse).

Finished work should look something like this:
(not a great pic sorry)

The hardest thing to do is change the brain unit default mode on the window setting thing. The default is mode B but you need to change it to mode A. The instructions arent great it says something about pressing the button four times. This only tells you what mode its in I did this a couple of times: press button 4 times then 4 times again (first time two clicks second time 4 clicks). then press the lock button on the remote. After a bit of fidling this eventually worked. Now when I hold unlock on the fob the windows all drop and when I hold lock on the fob the windows all shut.

Hope this guide makes sense.

Joe

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
« Reply #67 on: 28 February 2013, 11:49 »
Nope still need a 15 second pulse,
This is to anyone who has not bought one yet and wants full closure,be carefull when you buy a central locking unit from ebay just because it says window closure in the advert does not mean it has one, I asked the seller he told me to just use one of the other central locking wires which you cant do. I did not open a dispute case because i just cant be bothered,be specific ask if one of the wires sends a 15/17 second pulse that`s all you need.

Offline fighter954rr

• Just got here
« Reply #68 on: 07 July 2013, 21:16 »
just to say thanks to the original thread as just fitted mine today and it works spot on it was easy!  :laugh:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #69 on: 07 July 2013, 21:46 »
Gonna put my kit in this week if I get the opportunity.

*edit* The RClick kit was fitted to the valver without a single hitch and has been faultless ever since.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 23:36 by thai-wronghorse »