Author Topic: Mk2 golf exhaust  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Mk2 golf exhaust
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2013, 21:56 »

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2013, 21:59 »
Or chop off your old tip and weld on a single round. Depends how handy you are and or how ghetto you want it.  :smiley:

Offline Sgt_Lemon

• I live here
  • 8v owners club
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2013, 22:20 »
Or chop off your old tip and weld on a single round. Depends how handy you are and or how ghetto you want it.  :smiley:
If you can weld then you could go down a scrappy and have a huge selection of rear silencers that share the same diameter going in and are a similar size.

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2013, 22:32 »
If you can weld then you could go down a scrappy and have a huge selection of rear silencers that share the same diameter going in and are a similar size.
know people who can weld me one onto my original box now.. I guess that's a good idea.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2013, 22:48 »
Even better, use it as an excuse to learn how to weld.
It's a life skill and if you own an old VW will save you a fortune.
Plus it's a great feeling, flipping down your visor, then striking an arc to the opening bars of AC/DC's Highway to Hell.

Welding tunes are as important as weld rate, power, gas and feed settings.

Offline PEZ_MK2GOLF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2013, 14:51 »
You could always just get one custom built, £150 for a box of your choice from longlife in stainless steel fitted, and also you choose how loud you would like it to be . But try find out if your local longlife dealers reputation is any good because some are great some are pants  :smiley:

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2013, 10:29 »
http://www.motorspeed.com/Volkswagen-Golf-Gti-Mk1-16-18-Sportex-Vw-Golf-Gti-Mk1/cat/9/sub/194/product/4905/veh/516783

Would this fit? I know it says it's built for the mk1 but it's reduced haha saves me spending 150+

Offline Sgt_Lemon

• I live here
  • 8v owners club
« Reply #17 on: 13 October 2013, 13:17 »
You will still need to weld it, the mk2 back box goes up and over the rear axel where it then joins to the next section. The picture seems to have no pipe at all coming out of the Back box.

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 13 October 2013, 16:30 »
So it would fit if I could just weld the back box pipe to it.. Seems simple enough if I'm honest as that's the type of exhaust I'm looking for

Offline VWchapman17

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2013, 17:16 »
What would be the best way to have my exhaust, a straight through exhaust to standard back box, a straight through with aftermarket back box or just a new back box without straight through pipe.. I'm looking for something that's not too loud but has a nice note....