Author Topic: Clubsport S - Advisories  (Read 5379 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Clubsport S - Advisories
« on: 30 November 2019, 07:51 »
Hi Everyone

Took my CSS in for MOT and asked about any 3 year advisories. Just brake fluid I was told. I'd expect the diff to be sorted at 3 years and checked. No, not required. So I left. Then the workshop must have said something to the manager who called and asked for authorisation on changing oil on the diff. Given everything I instructed the dealer to do they have failed to do properly, I've just lost all confidence and don't want to miss any manufacturer advisories.

Does anyone have a source of all the advisories on the car that is current that I can cross check or a reliable source for finding them? Not even going to bother with the clown show that is VW customer assistance as they have misdirected me in the past.

Thanks in advance!

Alex
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport S - Advisories
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2019, 10:52 »
Unable to point you in the direction of anything official but when my 2016 PP went for service in September 2018 at 30k miles the printout they give you on collection advised a diff oil change for February of this year when the car would be three years old so it is in the VAG system somewhere.  £120 if memory serves, and I use Listers VW.
« Last Edit: 30 November 2019, 10:57 by Philip »
TCR 3 door

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2019, 11:20 »
Got my PP booked in for its 3rd service and mot and I specifically asked about the diff oil. Was told by the service manager that the system was saying not needed. They must put the vin or reg number into the vw system and it tells them what needs doing. I asked him to check and he said definitely doesn't need doing and doesn't understand how other dealers are doing diff oil changes when the system isn't saying to do them.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2019, 11:27 »
Have you covered enough miles to have the diff oil changed?

I had the diff oil changed in my previous 2013 PP at 3 yerars. I had to insist as VW hadn't serviced many diffs through dealerships at that point due to the diff being a new feature on GTi's.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2019, 14:50 »
I'm nearly on 27k miles but surely if it's supposed to be changed at 30k they would just do it at the three year mark?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2019, 21:08 »
Unable to point you in the direction of anything official but when my 2016 PP went for service in September 2018 at 30k miles the printout they give you on collection advised a diff oil change for February of this year when the car would be three years old so it is in the VAG system somewhere.  £120 if memory serves, and I use Listers VW.

Thanks. I think it's all pulled from the reg/VIN so isn't laid out across the life of the vehicle. VW make the assumption that service managers administering the process are a. possessed of common sense b. have reading and comprehension skills. I've found out mine lacks both.

£99 NET sounds like standard pricing.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2019, 21:17 »
Got my PP booked in for its 3rd service and mot and I specifically asked about the diff oil. Was told by the service manager that the system was saying not needed. They must put the vin or reg number into the vw system and it tells them what needs doing. I asked him to check and he said definitely doesn't need doing and doesn't understand how other dealers are doing diff oil changes when the system isn't saying to do them.

Some of these advisories operate on time or distance and not having a maintenance roadmap makes it much harder to cross check that the dealer hasn't messed up. Given the nature of the CSS, if I ever sell it, the buyer is likely to be a lot more discriminating in checking that the car was maintained to the letter of the service book.

I don't understand how my service manager found employment but if he has anything wrong, I'm the one who will suffer the financial penalty.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2019, 21:23 »
Have you covered enough miles to have the diff oil changed?

I had the diff oil changed in my previous 2013 PP at 3 yerars. I had to insist as VW hadn't serviced many diffs through dealerships at that point due to the diff being a new feature on GTi's.

No, around a third of the normal advised change. I'd expect it at 30k but know manufacturers sometimes operate on time versus mileage for certain consumables and I have no way to validate. To be honest, I don't mind if they change it because no harm can come of it but if it's unnecessary, I'm not paying for it and they can address a complaint of mis selling. The fact that it was offered later and not at the time of booking suggests a sales ploy.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2019, 21:25 »
I'm nearly on 27k miles but surely if it's supposed to be changed at 30k they would just do it at the three year mark?

I think if it's within tolerance, they'll offer it but I'd expect that to be within a few thousand miles or something like that.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2019, 13:07 »
This is interesting to me as my CS 40 is due in on Tuesday morning for its third service and MOT.

I'll see what they say but can anyone confirm if the diff oil should definitely be changed at 3 years?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1