Author Topic: Window Problems.  (Read 1346 times)

Christo77

Re: Window Problems.
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2011, 19:29 »
Nope.. the driver side switch works partly, and the same result using a swapped switch.

Offline Biz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2011, 22:36 »
I'd check the wires from the door to wing, sounds like a break in circuit. It will be one of those jobs that you have to go through step by step checking each bit till find fault, which can be a mare, been there done that

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2011, 17:54 »
Checked wires.. I had to chocolate block the earth back together.. Still nothing tho! no broken clips either ! :(
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Christo77

« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2011, 11:16 »
Did you check the wiring in both door to pillar boots.. You could replace the relay for piece of mind and to be absolutely sure of the switches you could swap the driver side for passenger side.

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2011, 12:46 »
Yeah i did! I took the rear drivers switch off and put it on the front, and it put the passenger window down  :rolleyes:
** Tuned diesels - kinda like a guy with a huge cock and premature ejaculation. **

Christo77

« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2011, 12:55 »
I know you did.. but i said swap 'passenger side' for driver.. your assuming the rear driver side switch is working properly when in drivers pos.. !   It's a long shot i know but you need to elliminate it at least.. I would have.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2011, 13:01 by Christo77 »

Offline *Jonnyg*

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2011, 14:51 »
Tried a new switch, did the same.. Guess its wiring related then. :(

Offline mksmk3gti

• Not said much yet
  • Yeees I work for a BMW Dealer - Sorry
« Reply #17 on: 08 February 2011, 22:34 »
Hi
I think the switches are different in the front and the rear, My GTI's Passenger rear window went down not up. i swapped the switch for the opposite side and nothing happened at all. i had to remove the door card and take out the reg, i found the plastic clip mentioned here was worn out.
i repaired with a small piece of metal. works great now. Id invest in some new switches.

mark