Author Topic: driving lamps  (Read 3948 times)

Offline -(GIT)-

• Not said much yet
Re: driving lamps
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2004, 11:36 »
good advice thanks Overseer.. cheers for that.
Will have to look into all that... ?160 though....geez, thats a bit steep I reckon.
Cheers for your assistance
Why clean it... when you can photoshop it!

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2004, 11:41 »
if you look back in this section there are some posts about all this somewhere

i say vw coz i had probs with some ones i bought from somewhere else.

you gonna go for all smoked?  :)

the blanking plates and indicators arent that expensive as they're plastic.. the fog light lenses is glass
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline -(GIT)-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2004, 12:05 »
Yeah, sounds like a good idea. The rest of the car was smoked from the factory, ..well all but the headlights. So it would be good to tie in with that.
Just found some aftermarket units at Awsome GTI. They are all glass including the blanks and also have a wee blue bulb in them that ties in and comes on with the side lights. about ?70 the pair, so not too bad in that respect. Only thing is, I think I will now have to get the wiring loom and a new switch assembly to do this properly, failing that... bang a flip switch in the dash and do it that way.

So am I right in thinking that you are not allowed any front lights besides the main headlights on, unless it is foggy?

mowgli

« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2004, 12:31 »
This blue bulb, does it glow blue or white???

If it glows blue you might find yourself giving the local police a good listening to.  AFAIK you can only show white bulbs at the front, one of the reasons they were pulling people for having neon washers.

You will definately have to replace the switch, I think Euro Car APrts might be able to help you out if you do decide to go with the fogs.  Some other companies do the non std kits also.

I thought I might of gone off at a tangent with the lights, it was early ;D

Offline -(GIT)-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2004, 14:21 »
The set that I was talking about is only ?60. ...even better than I thought.

Seems that the unit is two bits, but fills in all of the gap. There is the fog lamp, a clear glass reflector in the mid, and then the indicator as well.
I think that the wee blue bulb is hooked up with the side lights for use as a parking light.
Still not sure if it is blue or white light that is reflected, anyhow, will pick up the VW ones if these are no good.
Thanks for the info on the switch assembly mowgli, cheers guys