Author Topic: Close to ordering  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
Close to ordering
« on: 18 May 2018, 06:52 »
The pcp deal fo my 2015 mk7 match is coming to an end and I’m currently negotiating a deal for a new build GTI.

Thing is, I’m not sure about the colour to get. Originally I was sold on tornado red, but now not so sure. I’m between indium grey and black at the moment. Anyone with experience of either and what they’re like day to day (not just in the sunny/shiny shots)

Also happy enough with the stock spec. Anything I should really be adding on? Climate windscreen, 90% tint on rear were the ones I was thinking.

Ta in advance!
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
Re: Close to ordering
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2018, 07:00 »
Picked black when I bought mine new, ended up swapping for an older white 12 months later because black was torture to keep clean and swirl free, this new paint on modern cars is really soft and black highlights every minor mark...hope this helps
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2018, 07:18 »
Thanks.

I had a mk6 GTD in black and it wasn’t too bad on swirls.  Looked fantastic clean though.  I was doing 60 Miles a day in it so it never stayed clean long.  New job means 60 Miles a week now so might be better.

My wife has an Audi A4 in white and it’s just as bad to keep looking clean so avoiding white I think.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2018, 08:41 »
Climate screen is worth having i'd say. Although it doesn't seem quite as effective (to me) as the older type heated screen with the wires through the glass.

90% tints split opinion. They look better with some colours than others. I'd avoid them with black paint unless you are in the narcotics trade.
7.5 GTD

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2018, 09:06 »
That’s a good point on the tint!  I’ve got 65% on my match and it’s good enough I suppose.

Have you had to change your climate windscreen yet?  Is it a simple switch?  I only ask as on my wife’s A4, a windscreen change involved a half day out to an Autoglass in Bedford as the sensors all needed recalibration.  I’ve not had best of luck with stone chips 😩

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2018, 09:38 »
Every day is a sunny day with Tornado Red :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2018, 09:44 »
If you don't want to ever clean it, get silver.

That's a pro tip from an ex company car driver  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2018, 10:51 »
I wanted a silver car, but there is not genuine silver option on the GTI pp I ordered. Only white silver, or tungsten silver. So, I went for Atlantic Blue instead! Probably will regret such a dark colour when the swirl marks appear!

Just got delivery date to dealer confirmed as 21/6/18, so hoping all on track for end June delivery to me as my current A4 lease expires.

Other than metallic, I did not add anything. I know there are some cool options to be had, but the stock GTI pp comes loaded compared to my current A4 Sport. I have counted 19 additional features so far!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2018, 11:00 »
Tungsten silver is a beautiful colour. If someone reminds me how to post pics I'll show you just how beautiful  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2018, 11:07 »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.