Author Topic: Close to ordering  (Read 6184 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Close to ordering
« Reply #30 on: 19 May 2018, 13:43 »
Current offer on servicing; First two services £159 if buying your car with Solutions PCP from VWFS.

http://www.vwfsaftersales.co.uk/ourplans/under-1-year/

That’s showing as £296 or £16.42 a month when I click through.

Yes, that’s correct. That’s what you pay if you don’t buy your car on PCP with VWFS. With a VWFS PCP, first two services are £159.

The £159 offer is under...........Offers!, which is where forum member mcmaddy suggested you looked.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/car-finance/new-car-deals/golf-vii-pa
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 19 May 2018, 13:50 »
Thanks.  The link was just going to the under 1 year offer rather than new purchase.

That’s a pretty good deal.  I’ll be doing that.

Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2018, 22:41 »
Colh you might get an earlier delivery date. I ordered mine on April 12th. It was built week of May 14th, and is due at the dealer week of June 21, with delivery to me by end June hopefully as that ties in with the end of my current A4 lease.

So, ordering on May 19th, you might be looking at end July/early August delivery. Then, you may with to request a delay to get the 68 plate instead of an 18 with only a month to go before the plate change.

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2018, 23:20 »
Looks like there a freeze on orders at the moment.  My dealer is still waiting on factory confirmation but the standard GTI is no longer available according to @vwukhelp and it’s not on the configuration tool either.

Still hopeful, but half expecting a returned deposit in a week or so.  Dealer reckons it’s all ok but we’ll see.

There’s another thread on the non-PP going at the moment
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2018, 11:41 »
Black is a great choice....needs regular cleaning though.

I went Tornado Red is a GTI :), I nearly bought Indium but in the end thought it was too conservative, more suited to Passats  :grin: Great colour though.

And agree you don't need 90% tints, the 65% is fine.

Tbh I don't really think you need any extras, spend the money you save on some lightweight alloys...
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline John F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 28 May 2018, 21:56 »
Colh, bad news on the standard GTI then.

Have you considered the PP version? That's what I am getting via a lease, and it was actually about 2 quid per month less than a standard car at the time, which obviously surprised me. The lease company said it was due to better residuals on the PP model.

I see that the lease has gone up a bit compared to the deal I got in April via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, but it still looks pretty good. I am getting a 5dr DSG car including metallic over 36 months, non-maintained. Here is their current offer on that model.

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Volkswagen_golf-2-0-tsi-245-gti-performance-5dr-dsg-82998.htm