Author Topic: danny's mk2 something happend OMG  (Read 8889 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: danny's mk2 something happend OMG
« Reply #40 on: 28 December 2011, 23:17 »
so progress will begin to increase when more grit arrives ??

Is the grit expensive ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 28 December 2011, 23:32 »
when grit arrives,   i should be abel to start blasting in the morning,  and have the inside underside and enigne bay primed in the afternoon, 
thinking over the pros' and cons of giveinig it a quick pre prime dusting over with a rust converter.

the grit not to bad in price as long as you buy it by the pallet / ton.  gound glass is aout £160 per 1000KG off ebay  £4 per bag + delivery so about £5.20 to the door iirc

i hear rumrs i can buy ground glass as cheep as £26 per ton tho just not found out where from,  B&Q ether sell or used to sell recyceld glass sand for pavers at sub £2  per bag  so looking into that as got to be worth trying that.  I was a bit naughty with the door and didn't use grit but dryed building sand just to see how well it worked,  ground glass is soposed to be more effective as well as healthyer  :smiley:
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 29 December 2011, 08:31 »
Interesting thread man, keep it up!

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 12 January 2012, 22:55 »
littel distraction from the passat.  it would appear something opendthe stabel door and some ponies escaped.

can't be haveing that so a bit of bodge it and scarper,  blast it with acetone and add epoxy

all ponies herded back in, stable door securely nailed shut and securely remounted so it dosent happen again.

as for the golf no much, havent got round to painting the test door yet that should happen at weekend after that can crack on with the blasting side of things.  but some bits did arrive yesterday

got fed u trying to find unf**ked shrouds, collets and holders  so bought a kit thing so should save some time when doing stuff on the golf.  and as ther are going to be a few welds on show thought best get some new gloves so can feel what i'm doing and not end up with a sunburnt hand.

and just because and for tight spots got to have some of these

« Last Edit: 12 January 2012, 22:59 by danny_p »

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 13 January 2012, 00:44 »
B&Q ether sell or used to sell recyceld glass sand for pavers at sub £2  per bag  so looking into that as got to be worth trying that.

Was looking at this the other day actually (for paving), £1.65 +vat per bag, 10+ bags @ £1.31 each with tradepoint

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 13 January 2012, 23:07 »
thats very usefull to know thanks,  i'll be going to B&Q tomorrow and hunting for it