Author Topic: track day in north lincolnshire  (Read 1849 times)

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
track day in north lincolnshire
« on: 16 April 2007, 16:06 »
hi this may never happen so please bear with me.  i have been given the number of a small track where the manufacturers of ginetta race cars test their cars.  i asked them about taking mine and my friends golfs along for the day for "testing" and they said no problems and the price was fantastic, as is the price to hire the track for a full day. it is a mile and a quarter for a lap so its not huge but could be fun.  the downsides are no on site first aid or fire/recovery etc and no marshalls.  me and my small group of mates are happy to go there and "test" sensibly knowing that we are not stupid and wont do anything stupid.

what we were thinking is hiring the track and allowing a small number of people to come along on a first come first served basis, limiting numbers to around 25 cars. given the track would be exclusively ours all day that should mean there wont be too many out at the same time.

bearing in mind the lack of marshals and safety etc, is this legal? is it sensible?  we are not trying to make money or anything, its just if we get a few more people it should be more fun. any comments would be most welcome and if anyone would be interested coming along knowing there will be no safety/marshalls then please post your interest.

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
Re: track day in north lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2007, 19:28 »
Get it done

as long as there are some first aiders there then everythin should be cool , maybe contact St John Ambulance see if they can turn up not sure if they charge but im sure they wouldnt turn down a donation , as for marshalls a few wives , GFs , mates of mates could act as spotters around the track if anythin went off

pity my track XR2i was sold a while ago

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2007, 08:58 »
yeah, first aid a deffo... and the st johns will turn up in one of the buses for a small donation....as for marshalls, if the track is that small your gonna need a few but not loads, i wouldnt wanna come hammering round a bend and hit a car in the middle of the track, id rather there be some one wavin a yellow flag to warn me!! , but yeah im up for it pending on price, i live in lincs and normally do cadwell but if the price reflected the lack of proper stuff above im sure id come along.... any chance of pics/track layout and stuff??

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2007, 10:10 »
i'll try and get some info on the track. as i said its all very maybe etc. i'll also contact st johns. thanks for the advice thus far

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2007, 18:46 »
RIGHT. i have been to the track and it was a right laugh.  having looked into the legalities of it all i dont want to organise a track day but i will let you know the details.  it is blyton airfield, the track is a fun layout but not the best surface with the odd pot hole if you venture off line. we ran semi slicks with no problems so its not that bad.  the owner of the venue doesnt do track days, he does test sessions. it is all very low key and he basically leaves you to it.

the day we went there were a few of their rally school cars out, 2 integra type r's getting in our way and a single seater doing test runs. that was it. all day!  it costs £45 FOR THE DAY!

we are hoping to go again on 4th july so if anyone fancies joining us it would be great :smiley: