Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316533 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #700 on: 30 May 2013, 16:55 »
I ordered my GTD on 3rd April and last week I was sent a copy of the VW order records, from my dealer, that showed that I had moved from build week 36 to week 25. The tracker has shown "build week confirmed" since last week. Fingers crossed that there are no further changes - unless it moves to an earlier date!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

On order:
GTD, DSG, 5 door, pure white, vienna leather, panoramic roof, discover nav, dynaudio.

Current car:
59 GTD, DSG, 5 door, pearl black, vienna leather, 18" Vancouver wheels, RNS510 nav.
problem with week 25 is its usually a 4 week lead time before confirmed build which puts you at week 21. my14 changes were wk22 so does that mean your car doesn't have the my14 changes? the earliest should be wk26 confirmed. someone correct me if I've looked at this the wrong way.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #701 on: 30 May 2013, 19:08 »
More likely the Oryx white. I would guess that they make very few of these (not even 1% of Golf output) so probably no dedicated paint booth for that colour which would mean doing a campaign of them all together, and having a full cleandown before and after the campaign. Takes a lot of time to do the cleandowns when compared to paint time per unit, so they'll be collecting orders until they have enough Oryx whites to do together.

I hope you are very much mistaken monkeyhanger. I had a confirmed bw26 yesterday from my dealer for my gtd in oryx white

Did you order early, with no order changes made? Pauliem changed his colour from DBP - maybe he missed the campaign yours is on if my explanation is what happens with Oryx White cars.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #702 on: 30 May 2013, 19:11 »
problem with week 25 is its usually a 4 week lead time before confirmed build which puts you at week 21. my14 changes were wk22 so does that mean your car doesn't have the my14 changes? the earliest should be wk26 confirmed. someone correct me if I've looked at this the wrong way.

The MY14 changes are for cars built BW22 and onwards, whether they're scheduled before then or not. That's my understanding of the situation. If so then there should be no possibility of a UK customer pot GTI/GTD built without colour MFD. The current demos are a different story, unless they were odered with colour MFD then they'll have the usual monochrome version (as seen on a few dealer pics of demos posted here recently, at least one has a mono MFD).

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #703 on: 30 May 2013, 19:19 »
I have just had a chat with my dealer this evening, he tells me he has spoken to VW UK and they have told him that no GTD's have got confirmed build dates yet!!
I really don't know what or who to believe!! Could anyone who has confirmed build week showing in their online tracker maybe screen shot it and send me it, so I can show to my dealer?
He also assures me that Northern Ireland orders are treated no different in the queue than UK mainland orders.

The plot thickens lol  :angry:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #704 on: 30 May 2013, 19:38 »
To be honest I don't think VW UK know an ars* from an elbow, dealers are going from what they are told by either a computer terminal or VW UK even though I was told today that dealers can speak to dealer orders at VW direct. I'm not the most patient of people at the best of times but this is just pi**ing me off big style. I wish I'd never gone to the dealer and ordered now and if I'd known then what I know now I wouldn't have ordered a brand new car. this fiasco has put me off buying brand new forever and VW have ruined the entire new car buying experience.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #705 on: 30 May 2013, 19:48 »
More likely the Oryx white. I would guess that they make very few of these (not even 1% of Golf output) so probably no dedicated paint booth for that colour which would mean doing a campaign of them all together, and having a full cleandown before and after the campaign. Takes a lot of time to do the cleandowns when compared to paint time per unit, so they'll be collecting orders until they have enough Oryx whites to do together.

I hope you are very much mistaken monkeyhanger. I had a confirmed bw26 yesterday from my dealer for my gtd in oryx white

Did you order early, with no order changes made? Pauliem changed his colour from DBP - maybe he missed the campaign yours is on if my explanation is what happens with Oryx White cars.

Ordered first week in April.
Changed colour from dbp to oryx white about 2 weeks later
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #706 on: 30 May 2013, 20:19 »
Rick2b: Oh well, you had a colour change and still have a far earlier dae. Trying to apply logic to everyone's situations when maybe there isn't any. :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #707 on: 30 May 2013, 20:24 »
To be honest I don't think VW UK know an ars* from an elbow, dealers are going from what they are told by either a computer terminal or VW UK even though I was told today that dealers can speak to dealer orders at VW direct. I'm not the most patient of people at the best of times but this is just pi**ing me off big style. I wish I'd never gone to the dealer and ordered now and if I'd known then what I know now I wouldn't have ordered a brand new car. this fiasco has put me off buying brand new forever and VW have ruined the entire new car buying experience.

It'll be worth it, it has to be! :undecided:

Anyway, the plot thickens with my dad's car. He saw a DBP demo GTI at his local dealership (one of the "Peter Coopers", either Shirley or Southampton I think, and he's decided that he doesn't want DBP, he definitely wants TR (his current car is a TR). So I will have to get onto Pulman tomorrow for them to find out whether his TR order is actually a TR (as per accepted order form PDF) or whether the "track my order" info that shows it as a DBP is correct. I think he'll be cancelling the order and making them reorder if it actually is a DBP scheduled for build and it is definitely too late to change the order. :shocked:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #708 on: 30 May 2013, 21:05 »
I bet and hope it's just the tracker wrong. it just takes the shine off something that was exciting on 2nd April when I ordered it. expecting delivery late June or early July was just about ok but now September delivery has just tarnished the whole new car buying experience.

dervy

« Reply #709 on: 30 May 2013, 21:40 »

The MY14 changes are for cars built BW22 and onwards, whether they're scheduled before then or not. That's my understanding of the situation. If so then there should be no possibility of a UK customer pot GTI/GTD built without colour MFD. The current demos are a different story, unless they were odered with colour MFD then they'll have the usual monochrome version (as seen on a few dealer pics of demos posted here recently, at least one has a mono MFD).
I have been advised that i can expect a colour MFD and my understanding is that the build week is 4 weeks after the tracking system shows "build week confirmed, which has shown on mine since last week. As I have said, the order page shown to me by my dealer shows a confirmed B/W of 25. Having said that, I am not convinced the car will arrive 4 weeks later as suggested by the VW tracker.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2013, 21:44 by dervy »