Author Topic: VW GTI 2010 MK6 stiff suspension on bumpy roads  (Read 5906 times)

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: VW GTI 2010 MK6 stiff suspension on bumpy roads
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2010, 10:52 »
Chaps, do you think it really settles down or do you just get used to it?  Yes, I think there will be some settling down of all comonents in the car, but will it actually make that much of a difference only after a few thousand miles?
Yes it does change.
I have more than one car in my household. I currently have 4 cars on the road i can choose from. I regular drive the others for weeks at a time. So i don't get use to one car as many others do.
(Also meens i don't get use to the power, start driving incorrectly and think its slow so needs chipping or needs selling for something faster :wink: It actually works out Cheaper that way :wink:)
So when i get back into the mk6 I feel all the differences to the other car i had been driving all over again.
For example the car i was using for my daily driver for 2 years before i got the mk6 i used for a week and a bit at the beggining of this month. When i got back in the mk6 this week i felt the differences all over again. But unlike when it was new im not thinking the ride is killing me because its jittery, over hard, harsh.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2010, 10:57 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.