Author Topic: Mk8 gti ordering  (Read 44223 times)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 gti ordering
« Reply #290 on: 17 March 2021, 21:01 »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a Clubsport on order in which you ordered Jan/Feb?

I ordered late January and have just been given an unconfirmed build week 44 (November) :angry: - I was told by the dealer that it would be June delivery.

I know these are subject to change but build week 44 is a bit drastic and is swaying me more towards cancelling.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #291 on: 17 March 2021, 21:11 »
I'd say that was entirely probable... But remember you won't even get order confirmed from the factory until the dealer has allocation and after that there is the lead time... Which when I was chatting with the dealer when I picked mine up the other week he was talking 33 weeks lead time.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #292 on: 17 March 2021, 21:14 »
I'd say that was entirely probable... But remember you won't even get order confirmed from the factory until the dealer has allocation and after that there is the lead time... Which when I was chatting with the dealer when I picked mine up the other week he was talking 33 weeks lead time.
My order has been sat at 'Stage 2 your order is with the factory' for 5 weeks now (which is expected). I just thought the unconfirmed build week would be a little closer than that. Its gone from 30 > 33 > 44 which is concerning.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #293 on: 17 March 2021, 21:36 »
OK so if you are at stage 2 then at least your dealer has allocation...

The problems they have at the moment are semiconductors... Everyone making anything has the same problem. Its crippling everything.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #294 on: 18 March 2021, 09:22 »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got a Clubsport on order in which you ordered Jan/Feb?

I ordered late January and have just been given an unconfirmed build week 44 (November) :angry: - I was told by the dealer that it would be June delivery.

I know these are subject to change but build week 44 is a bit drastic and is swaying me more towards cancelling.

I placed my clubsport order 2nd February and it's at Stage 4 - production build. Expecting it to be complete this week.
How long it takes to being delivered to me is the harder guess.
Sorry to hear you are facing this problem
« Last Edit: 18 March 2021, 09:24 by thronetm »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #295 on: 18 March 2021, 09:28 »
I would guess that beyond dealer allocation there could be other factors at play... maybe the dealer has a lot of orders, maybe some dealers are given queue priority over others.... I doubt its a first come first served basis at all.

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #296 on: 18 March 2021, 10:59 »

I placed my clubsport order 2nd February and it's at Stage 4 - production build. Expecting it to be complete this week.
How long it takes to being delivered to me is the harder guess.
Sorry to hear you are facing this problem

Whats your spec?

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #297 on: 18 March 2021, 12:59 »
19" Adelaide Moonstone Grey, nothing else

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #298 on: 18 March 2021, 14:15 »

That's terrible, as I am thinking of placing an order but no way wanting to wait that long.

What's your spec? Is it something they cannot get hold of.

94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #299 on: 18 March 2021, 14:30 »

That's terrible, as I am thinking of placing an order but no way wanting to wait that long.

What's your spec? Is it something they cannot get hold of.

Nothing special, 19" Adelaide, pure white, rear view camera. Had an update from the dealer, she says "I spoke with Volkswagen and they have assured me that whilst they manage the back log of Golf orders, they push all of the orders as far back as they are able to, and then place them into a build slot  This vehicle should have a closer and more realistic build week confirmed very soon."