Author Topic: FREE remap for 1.8T available, yes i said FREE!!!  (Read 18202 times)

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
Re: FREE remap for 1.8T available, yes i said FREE!!!
« Reply #160 on: 03 March 2008, 15:19 »
well done holmes,

p.s. if you got any b£$%^&s that you dont need that day, send them round mine, they can get a photo shoot on with my car (then me) lol haha

looking forward to seeing the vid
Meh....

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #161 on: 03 March 2008, 17:34 »
yh should be gd

im gonna get them to come to my house and do mine at some point - i thinki have blagged the boyfriend into buyin me a re-map as my xmas prezzie :D

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #162 on: 06 March 2008, 10:04 »
I've just found out why I wasn't allowed to make the re-map date of 15th March :)

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=79060.0

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #163 on: 16 March 2008, 19:10 »
Soooooooooooooooooooo, did this happen and what was the outcome ?
......now officially dubless.

Offline Marco Rossi

• GTI forum regular
  • Techno Genius........probably
« Reply #164 on: 16 March 2008, 23:38 »
Yes it did go ahead but as ever my luck didnt hold out for long.   :sad:

Topher also came down to oversee the proceedings so he can probs give a better summary of what went down. 

Anyways, the actual remap went ahead but I apparently have a split pipe or summat even worse wrong wi me car.  The boost kept droppin off.  Was gettin 14psi which dropped right down to 5-7.  So I guess I have to sort out that problem before i get the full result of the ramap.  I'm gonna quote Nick from R-Tech (who was a very nice chap btw) cos im crap wi technical sh!t.  "once the R-Tech spec 1 remap was in the ecu the peak power was 169BHP at the flywheel the peak power was around 1000rpm below the 197bhp peak power.   I have looked on past dybo run from last week on AGUs and you power curve is on the correct line until the boost starts to fall off.    So in therory you should be good for 195+bhp when the leak is fixed."

Anyways i will keep yas updated. 

On top of this frustration at my car I am now single.  They say bad luck comes in threes so my laptop will probably blow up as im typi

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
« Reply #165 on: 17 March 2008, 10:58 »
On top of this frustration at my car I am now single.  They say bad luck comes in threes so my laptop will probably blow up as im typi

sorry to hear that mate, keep your head up and i wish you the best bro
Meh....

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #166 on: 17 March 2008, 11:27 »
Yep all was looking good on the map until the car started losing boost under certain load conditions. The splitter valve was cranked right back to full re-circ mode (still don't trust those valves) but made no difference. There was nothing in the logs to suggest that the ECU was pulling the boost, so chances are there's a split hose somewhere or a loose end fitting that is letting boosted air out under high pressure.

Ben it might be helpful to find out exactly what it was your mate did to the car when it was 'fixed', as it seems they just camouflaged the initial problem by chucking more boost through.

Offline linz

• I live here
  • vee-dub
« Reply #167 on: 17 March 2008, 15:49 »
aww no way well im sure your luck will turn aroud just think you can get the car sorted it will be pimp and then you can use her to pick up a new gf :P

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #168 on: 17 March 2008, 17:47 »
Hi!

The best results of the day was from my transit van which we played around with in the afternoon. Standard fly wheel power was 85bhp, after the remap in made 97bhp at the wheel which works out around 130bhp engine power.  :grin:

We also had James mk4 Gti Na 2.0 16v on the rolling road, which kicked out the extra 10bhp as predicted.

Marcos 1.8t had already been remapped in the past to sort out some running issues. before we worked on the car we did a power run which made 165bhp at the wheels,  we remapped the car expecting closer to 200bhp, but the next run with our remap only turned out  169bhp :sad:.  We thought the was an issue with our lazer rpm pick up which connects to the cars crank but this was fine??  we carried out another run and noticed the boost only peak to 12psi and then dropped to around 5psi.  I am 100% sure once this boost bleed has been sorted the engine will make 195bhp+. 

I will try and get some pictures and videos posted up of the day.
Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #169 on: 17 March 2008, 18:34 »
So do you need another car to try again for the results? ;)