Author Topic: Max power AGU engine  (Read 18044 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: Max power AGU engine
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2010, 22:55 »
looks like i will be booking it in then, how much will i be looking at?

where is the best place to take it

Depends how mad you wanna go, i spent the best part of 4k strengthening my engine and gearbox.

What did you get done for that mate? And where ect.

Cheers, Rich

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2010, 00:16 »

Depends how mad you wanna go, i spent the best part of 4k strengthening my engine and gearbox.

Cheers, Rich

Sounds like you wasted alot of money then , as you can strengthen the bottom ends for alot less than that using top quality parts! Ian birch is a true example of this! 355bhp with a bottom end rebuild costing 2k!

With 4k , you could buy an FSI engine for that, with a stage one map would be pushing 310bhp! Let along touching other parts!
And in regards to the gearbox, why invest money into a normal gearbox, if your going for serious power, sequential is the only way forward! 

Offline coolio

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2010, 04:06 »

Cheers, Rich

Sounds like you wasted alot of money then , as you can strengthen the bottom ends for alot less than that using top quality parts! Ian birch is a true example of this! 355bhp with a bottom end rebuild costing 2k!

With 4k , you could buy an FSI engine for that, with a stage one map would be pushing 310bhp! Let along touching other parts!
And in regards to the gearbox, why invest money into a normal gearbox, if your going for serious power, sequential is the only way forward! 

it really depend what brand he use and what parts he changed , pistons,rods,valves high lifters , rings,valve stem seals,gaskets,head bolts,timing belt kit,chain,oil pump,cams,aftermarket clutch,lsd

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2010, 09:25 »

Cheers, Rich

it really depend what brand he use and what parts he changed , pistons,rods,valves high lifters , rings,valve stem seals,gaskets,head bolts,timing belt kit,chain,oil pump,cams,aftermarket clutch,lsd

On top of this there is crankshaft regound or upgraded with stronger replacement, all lightened and balanced bottom end. could have had the cylinder head ported and gas flowed, bored cylinders and over sized pistons, H-Beam conrods, Bronze valve guides etc etc etc

If your going to do it properly and only once then its worth spending the extra. : afro:

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2010, 13:56 »
well booked it in, rods, pistons, valves and other bits and bobs ... did not wanna spend the cash but will be good upto 8k rpm :evil:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2010, 14:54 »
might be a stupid question, but where has this money tree suddenly come from?

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #26 on: 05 February 2010, 14:58 »
i get paid 2k amonth, just never spent it on my car befor lol

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 05 February 2010, 15:05 »
lol hmmmm. weird. where has the sudden urge come from, you could finance a new focus RS for that

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #28 on: 05 February 2010, 15:09 »
i work in IT, i have a company car and saving for a house, just spending 4k on my weekend car...

anything else, look at your car lol :P

Offline Phil_M

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2010, 15:31 »

Can be done if you want to stick with original bore and just change rods and pistons, I didn't :wink:
As said this was the gearbox aswell and alot more than just rods and pistons, Valve gear is bonus as i like to drag the car and reving to 8K+ will make the most of a big turbo set up.

GOLF 1.9T AGU TD05H 18G
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/pipmann30/GOLF%20GTI%20%20TURBO/?albumview=slideshow

Front wheel drive monster 0-60mph in under 5sec 0-100mph in 10sec