Author Topic: Surely the .:R lives on...  (Read 8391 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Surely the .:R lives on...
« on: 01 December 2008, 17:12 »
Having just read this article about the R36 Passat..... surely we must be getting this engine in the MK6 golf!!! It would be crazy not to... even just a limited run! I for one would defo be getting one.. and would imagine that I would not be the only one!!

I will defo be holding out for it should there even be a slight chance of a AWD 300bhp golf... if not could I possibly get a passat?? :undecided: :undecided:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/Research/article.aspx?cp-documentid=11305777

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Surely the .:R lives on...
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2008, 17:17 »
the man from del monte, he say no to big engines in golfs from now on... he also say move this to mk6 section :tongue:

Offline MAT ed30

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2008, 17:18 »
that engine will never go in the golf unless you do it yourself  :wink: its all about the planet now  :tongue: :wink:

EDITION 30 NUMBER:- 1038 ,Forge dv,ecs dog bone insert,Tints,inpro smoked indicators,panel filter,Black badge,Black roof,Black wing mirrors,REVO stage 2,Blueflame TBE,neuspeed arb,Neuspeed drop links,KW V3,S3 Intercooler,VWR clutch and LSD,VWR 6 pot brakes,1956 vw beetle (2332cc)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2008, 17:57 »
the man from del monte, he say no to big engines in golfs from now on... he also say move this to mk6 section :tongue:

:undecided: :undecided: But no one ever comes in here!!!! Ok... maybe just a few people :rolleyes:

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2008, 23:44 »

:undecided: :undecided: But no one ever comes in here!!!! Ok... maybe just a few people :rolleyes:

I don't come here - its boring  :lipsrsealed:  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Plus the Mk6 doesn't exist at the moment  :rolleyes:
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2008, 08:22 »
In my opinion thats why the MK5 (and the MK4 for that matter) R32 will live on, even after a few years of MK6 GTI. Given the fact that the MK6 golf is not a drastic change in shape the R32 will always turn heads.

You know when you put you right foot down, check your rear view mirror watching heads turn when people hear that glorious V6  :laugh:
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline DannyBoyR32

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2009, 18:48 »
Not sure what the big deal about the planet is anyway? There's billions of them out there!!!!!!

If they made the R36, I'd buy it definitely, more than that crazy R20T, what the hell is that?

I also think the R32 will become a classic, if it isn't already................

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2009, 20:57 »
It will be MkVIII before big engines are back in the Golf.  This slump has a while to go.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2009, 21:29 »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a V6 Mk6 near the end of its run (like the R36 Passat and original R32). VW are very clever at marketing. They will launch the R20T model as the main stream and then at the end of the run launch a limit run of R40's or something like that!

You never know, they might even dig out the old V5 engine and stuff a turbo on it.... Instant Focus RS rival!  :laugh:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2009, 19:38 »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a V6 Mk6 near the end of its run (like the R36 Passat and original R32). VW are very clever at marketing. They will launch the R20T model as the main stream and then at the end of the run launch a limit run of R40's or something like that!

You never know, they might even dig out the old V5 engine and stuff a turbo on it.... Instant Focus RS rival!  :laugh:

It will almost certainly be the engine from the TT-RS. 2.5 twin turbo 5-cylinder. 340BHP and sounds as sweet as the R32:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIXroXp2tY

Bye bye, Mr Focus RS!
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk