Author Topic: cracked manifold? AGU  (Read 2243 times)

Offline GolfGTI8v

• Not said much yet
Re: cracked manifold? AGU
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2010, 17:14 »
great info guys nice one!  :smiley:

its all going in a MK3 - i like the look of that THS intercooler kit, i see no reason that kit wont fit a mK3 or at least be made to fit a MK3 with some adjustment the only difference being the engine will sit different on the MK3 16v engine mounts ??

Hulmie,

what do you mean by get a cast manifold? an aftermarket one?

Regards

Offline GolfGTI8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 04 November 2010, 17:20 »
Sweet so my standard FPR will work ok ?

pcv systems????  there must have been 1 litre in that intercooler when i took it off  :huh: but no real play in the turbo shaft

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #12 on: 04 November 2010, 18:09 »
a stock manifold is cast, some after market upgrades are cast aswell. But you will see alot of aftermarket stainless steel manifolds which are supposed to flow better. However alot have the tendancy to crack under heat, have weak welds.

a standard 3 bar fpr should be fine with the injectors i mentioned. I spoke with my tuner about this at the weekend and thats what they advised.

The pcv system is the breather system, if you use the search option you will see alot of people have problems as the standard rubber pipework over time comes weak and splits, causing various things inc loss of boost. The engines are heavy breathing engines and the vapour goes through the breather system and back through the intake system and build up at the lowest point i.e intercooler.

One way to improve the breather system and minimise oil build up in the intercooler is to fit a catch can into the breather system

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #13 on: 04 November 2010, 19:49 »
to be honest mate as i now knwo your fitting this into a mk3 i would recommend getting a universal intercooler core and getting pipe work made up as the mk4 pipe work i cant see fitting at all..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)