Author Topic: Back in a golf again and in search of trim !  (Read 695 times)

Offline chumba

• Just got here
Back in a golf again and in search of trim !
« on: 17 October 2022, 23:25 »
 Been a while since I had my mkV and had some interesting cars in between… but as of two days ago, I’m back in a GTi  :cool:

Picked up a mk7 PP DSG and so far so good, but the infotainment is dire and needs an upgrade.  Can’t live without my CarPlay it seems.

So think I’m going to go for the mib2.5 upgrade with the 8” screen, with a polar grey surround.   Having a hit of trouble confirming the part numbers for the rest of the dash trim bits I’d need if I want to do all of it in polar grey to match.  Think I’ll do the hvac surround and the storage door underneath, but will probably leave the dash clocks trim as is.

Anyone know what part numbers I need and where I can get the actual parts?!

Cheers!!

« Last Edit: 17 October 2022, 23:29 by chumba »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Back in a golf again and in search of trim !
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2022, 14:50 »
I'd give Chris at Dav-Tec a call. It may be possible to unlock carplay in the standard headunit. It's possible in older units fitted to Transporters, Tiguans, Amaroks etc.

https://dav-tec.co.uk/oem-upgrades-retrofit/
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline bennybeats

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2022, 15:59 »
I recently completed a MIB2 upgrade on my 2013 MK7. It is possible to use the older MIB1 8" display with the newer headunits if you wanted to keep the carbon trim. However they are quite hard to find.

Part numbers:
Trim: 5G2819743E
Display: 5G0919606

If you're after the newer style glass screens though you're probably best finding someone selling the trim set from a MK7/7.5 R or a MK7.5 GTI as they're both gloss black.

It's also worth checking which head unit you currently have, some of the 15's and later can be coded with CarPlay and support the bigger displays.

2013 MK7 GTI 6MT

Offline chumba

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2022, 17:31 »
Thanks folks.

Going to stick in the MIB2.5 with 8" glass screen.  I can get it with Gloss Black or the Polar Night trim..  and may just leave the rest as is, but it'd be nice to do the centre bits on the car in matching trim I think.  Don't mind if the bit round the speedo and rev counter is a different material though.

Preference is probably the Polar Night.. the dark grey seems to match better in the car.

So far it looks like it's the cubby hole cover and bit round the gearknob that are the hardest to find.