Author Topic: Stage 2 custom Remap at R-Tech  (Read 5136 times)

Offline oceanic-green

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 1.8T Aum 260+ Bhp 273 TQ
Stage 2 custom Remap at R-Tech
« on: 23 November 2013, 08:55 »
  I drove 200 miles from Weymouth with my 11 year old son yesterday to get the car remapped at R-Tech. When I got there I met a guy having his mk6 golf remapped, which got 248 bhp. He was well happy with that. Anyway, Ben making my son and I feel at home in their office, warming up by the heater and then Nick walks in and presents my son with an R-Tech beanie hat  :smiley: That made my son's day!

The remap was not hitting the bhp it should, which Nick immediately new was due to the fuel pump be knackered (this had obviously been the cause of the problem of the two codes I have kept on getting for some time now that had been causing issues with power). Ben got on to TPS and ordered me a fuel pump, which unfortunately took ages to come, but once it arrived Ben had a right go at TPS for taking the p_ss. Well Nick and the other chap (I can't remember his name  :embarrassed:) fitted it straight away, then Nick worked his stage 2 magic!! The car sounded so different and loads more powerful on the rolling road. My son and I were well excited  :smiley:

Results were an impressive 235 bhp and 272 torque  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

These guys are simply fantastic! They made my son's day and mine  :smiley:. I took my son as he is car mad and it was a treat for an early birthday present for him because he is 12 next week, which just so happens to be on the same day as Ben's birthday! My son and Ben were having a great talk about cars and mk2 golfs.

Well I know where I am always going for a remap, no matter what car I get I must drive the 200 miles to get these brilliant chaps to work their magic on. R-Tech all the way  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Mods: R-Tech custom remap, Beachbuggy K250 Turbo, Forge 007 DV, RAMAIR Jetstream 108 induction filter, silicone piping throughout, R-Tech Supersize TIP, 42 Draft Stealth Catch Can, N249 bypass, Ported Manifold, Toyo Sports FMIC with 2 & 1/2 pipes, Custom made full turbo back exhaust & 2 & 1/2 " downpipe and 200 cell sports cat. BAM injectors, Turbosmart Boost Gauge, BBS CK Wheels, 312mm Brembo front discs and pads, Carbon canister delete and last of all, a liquid cube!

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: Stage 2 custom Remap at R-Tech
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2013, 08:45 »
thought R-Tech dont do MK6 remap unless its a Golf R  :angry:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2014, 15:50 »
thought R-Tech dont do MK6 remap unless its a Golf R  :angry:

Sorry lol.. 

We are looking to move to MED17 tuning at the end of 2014, pointless trying to do it when we are stacked out with 1.8T and TFSI tuning.  We stick with what we are good at until we have to move one,lucky for us the Golf R TTs TTrs S3 upto 2013 still run med9 ecu same as the tfsi mk5 so these new cars are also keeping us busy.    Our market aim is custom mapping and at the moment the mk6 gti market is moving slow so not many people doing bespoke setups with hybrid or custom turbos but give it a few years and the market will take off to where there 1.8t and tfsi boys are at now, cars cheap and people willing to splash out and this is where I hope R-Tech will shine.  You do have Revo APR Shark Carbon Chiptuning who can offer software for the Mk6 GTi.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2014, 15:52 »
Yeah thats cool  Nick, I have gone with REVO for now and its a great map.

I will see what your doing in 2015  :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2014, 15:58 »
Yeah thats cool  Nick, I have gone with REVO for now and its a great map.

I will see what your doing in 2015  :cool:

The truth is its too much hardwork removing ECUs...lol  :laugh: Glad your happy with the REVO Software, I will post up the Mk6 GTi updates when they happen.  The problem with the MED17 ecu is that is uses a unique boost control PID method which my current tuning methods wont work with so I need to relearn a new tuning style :embarrassed:

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands