Author Topic: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!  (Read 14531 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2018, 18:40 »
To cut a very long story short, in order...

1. Ordered a car at the start of the summer with expected delivery of 3mths max
2. Delay after delay saw me cancel it when they finally said it wouldn't arrive until March 2019 at the earliest
3. Struggled to find anything close spec wise to what I wanted, due to needing DCC (no compromise must have) and wanting Dynaudio, and Leather or Art Velour at a bare minimum.
3. Found a Clubsport last month (not in my preferred colour I must add), but that fell through when the dealer reneged on the p/x value for mine.
4. Roll on to first thing this morning and I get a surprise call from my dealer, totally out of the blue, saying my originally ordered car had yesterday evening/night turned up on the back of a transporter, with 3 other GTI orders they weren't expecting until next year!
5. Asked if it was a MY19 or MY18 and he confirmed it was MY19
6. Went down to see it in the metal a few hours ago, and the dealer honoured their P/X value given, honoured the 15% discount I was given, and they gave me the new 3.6% APR on the finance.
7. I obviously signed for it there and then!

MY19 - 5dr 245 Performance
DSG,
Isaac Blue Steel
Leather
Brescias
Dynaudio
DCC
Pan Roof
Electric Memory front Drovers seat

As it's a MY19 it has the Rear Camera (I originally specced this anyway), Lane Assist and Keyless on it. Mirror caps are not black as others have wondered, they are Isaac Blue.

... and here she is (literally driven off the transporter and wrapping removed for me, nothing else done to it so the wheel caps are missing and there's some glue remanence on it):

To say I'm happy would be understatement!  :grin:

The only two questions I have is:

- Do I take it as a 2018 registered car next week, or wait until the first of Jan so it's 2019 registered?
- They have offered me the alloy insurance for £300 (max 12 claims in 3 years, no excess) - what have others paid for theirs?

Congratulaions! Best colour  :smiley:

Do you have any idea of the build week of your car?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2018, 22:00 »
Looks great, never been a massive fan of that colour but looks really well. Enjoy  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2018, 23:02 »
Take it now! I picked mine up today and I love it, you won’t regret picking it up straight away. It’s not gonna make a difference when it’s registered because it’s still gonna be a 68 plate
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2018, 17:18 »
Thanks all, all confirmed for a Jan the 6th pick-up next year. I spoke to a few friends in the trade and they said that a 2019 registered car will have a slightly higher trade value, so for the sake of a few weeks, I'll wait.

I've got the wheel insurance down to £250. Each 'repair' has a monetary limit of £150 to it, but each repair can be lathe/skim if required, not smart. Diamond cut is fully covered, so all in all the wheel insurance is a no brainer IMO, it'll pay for itself several times over given a good quality wheel refurb is £100+. More importantly it also means that if it's repaired on the approved Inchcape policy then any warranty claims (further down the line) for wheel quality can't be rejected.

Isaac blue was my first choice, with Indium a close second. It was hard finding a IBS car in the metal to view before ordering (the only one I saw had Art Velour, but I need leather for its wipe clean kid proof ability!), and although I got jitters thinking perhaps I should have ordered Indium, now it's arrived and I've seen it in the metal, I'm really glad I stuck with my first choice. I think IBS contrasts really well with the red detailing and the red detail in the leather.

A few people have asked what the build week was, well it's an odd one because the system doesn't currently show it, so he has contacted VW to see if he can get it. By his estimations (and other cars coming through) he thinks something 8-12 weeks ago would be realistic. He says that loads were batch-built then just sat there for ages waiting the for the WLTP sign off, so a lot of MY18 orders will be fulfilled as MY19.

So the countdown begins.  :grin:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Margy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 December 2018, 18:26 »
Congrats & Happy Christmas! Looks like it was just meant to be, enjoy!
Tornado red PP, Santiagos, DCC, winter pack.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2018, 08:51 »
Decided to bin the wheel insurance, and instead put that money towards a full protection with my detailer inc self-healing ceramic coating and base layers which should last 2-3yrs.

It's going to be a looooong week!  :grin:

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2019, 11:02 »
It's been tough wait through the Xmas and NY festivities, but this time tomorrow morning I'll be picking it up! :laugh:
SOLD March 2021

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2019, 11:22 »
Excellent news. Good luck.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2019, 11:50 »
That is one GORGEOUS car. I really like the colour .
ENJOY.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 06 January 2019, 13:15 »
Picked the car up this morning - very happy with it!  :cool:

... albeit one teeny weeny issue... :rolleyes: as it's a MY19, it has Keyless as standard, and my dealer assumed it also had the Lane Assist, Dynamic Light Assist and Traffic Sign recognition (which it lists on the build system that it does) as standard. However, when I was sat in the handover bay going through the controls it became abundantly clear that there's no Lane assist, Light assist or Traffic sign recognition, confirmed when I looked for the camera, only to see it missing! When I originally ordered the car I didn't spec this, so I'm not overly fussed, however because I have paid the MY19 price for the car my initial thoughts are:

1. They refund me the MY18/MY19 difference, which I think is circa £650 for this option
or
2. They retrofit the camera and activate the bits and bobs. I'm not sure how easy this is, but a quick google seems to indicate it's possible.

So it looks like my car is a MY18/MY19 lovechild!  :grin:

Anyway, as I said, I'm not going to let this minor issue ruin the day. The dealer is going to come back to me with what VW suggests happens next.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 17:16 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021