Author Topic: Clubsport S - Advisories  (Read 5396 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: Clubsport S - Advisories
« Reply #20 on: 03 December 2019, 09:53 »
So mine is currently at the dealers while I'm in a 1.0L Polo, as well as the service and MOT they said it also needs a brake fluid change at 3 years old. Didn't mention the front diff so I asked them to do that as well while it's in. Be glad to get it back, this Polo is sooo slow!  :grin:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 December 2019, 09:58 »
Mines 3 on the 19th Dec and still isn't having its diff oil done. Was told 30k miles which I'll probably get to in march which means another trip to the dealer then.

They sent me a screenshot from the system as I wanted proof. If I don't do it and ask them to print the electronic service record to go with the sale of the car, it'll record as having been missed. Which is a ridiculous position to be in.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #22 on: 03 December 2019, 12:29 »
Service done, brake fluid changed and MOT passed. Then I was told they couldn't do the diff oil change as they didn't have the right fill and drain plugs to use! Really, do these need replacing when this is done? Anyway they've ordered some, got to take it back in again for that now...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 December 2019, 18:21 »
Service done, brake fluid changed and MOT passed. Then I was told they couldn't do the diff oil change as they didn't have the right fill and drain plugs to use! Really, do these need replacing when this is done? Anyway they've ordered some, got to take it back in again for that now...

If I remember from experience on another GTI I had (and expect they'll be the same), the drain plugs are treated as consumables and be easily damaged so they tend to be replaced at oil changes to ensure the tightest seal. Wouldn't expect a charge, should be included in the price of the work. They're peanuts anyway.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR