Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 44715 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #130 on: 10 May 2018, 16:25 »
I left mine switched on the last couple services.
The car is evil without it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #131 on: 10 May 2018, 16:29 »

Mine is being collected for it's service which is making me very nervous. Last thing I wanted was to make the car unexpectedly livelier and cause an accident :sad:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #132 on: 10 May 2018, 17:25 »

Mine is being collected for it's service which is making me very nervous. Last thing I wanted was to make the car unexpectedly livelier and cause an accident :sad:

Best stay safe if that’s the case.
You don’t want the delivery driver enjoying himself too much!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 03 June 2018, 19:13 »
Pedalbox+ just ordered for the R-line
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #134 on: 15 July 2018, 06:33 »
Finally got around to fitting my pedal box+ to the new GTI (~1,000kms).  I knew what to expect, having run the 'box on a 2017 1.4 TSi, but nevertheless was delighted at how well it integrates with the GTI. 

One benefit I haven't seen raised before is that now the throttle and brake pedals have a much more consistent feel and application.  Pre-PB+ the brake pedal was sensitive, but the throttle pedal mushy.  Now the feel across both pedals is much the same, leading to a more responsive and connected feel to the car.

My 7.5 GTI now has the same instant, responsive, muscular feel to small throttle inputs as my beloved mk5 GTI. 
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #135 on: 15 July 2018, 13:33 »
Finally got around to fitting my pedal box+ to the new GTI (~1,000kms).  I knew what to expect, having run the 'box on a 2017 1.4 TSi, but nevertheless was delighted at how well it integrates with the GTI. 

One benefit I haven't seen raised before is that now the throttle and brake pedals have a much more consistent feel and application.  Pre-PB+ the brake pedal was sensitive, but the throttle pedal mushy.  Now the feel across both pedals is much the same, leading to a more responsive and connected feel to the car.

My 7.5 GTI now has the same instant, responsive, muscular feel to small throttle inputs as my beloved mk5 GTI.

Wouldn't want to be without mine now either! What settings are you using?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #136 on: 15 July 2018, 13:55 »
So far only green with 3 green lights! Will experiment further, but very happy indeed even on that mildest of settings. Experimented with the full range of settings on my 1.4, but found green suited me the most in city driving.
« Last Edit: 15 July 2018, 14:00 by Splashalot »
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #137 on: 19 July 2018, 19:14 »
Recently had the pedal box fitted to my Mk7.5 230 GTI manual and I can whole-heartedly confirm the reports of others on here - it really does cure the one achilles heal of the car (the seriouasly mushy and unresponsive stock throttle pedal). 

I'm currently running in Sport with one red light (not green light - on the new pedal box I have the three red lights increase whilst the three green lights decrease the effect - is this the opposite to earlier boxes??)

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #138 on: 20 July 2018, 01:28 »
Recently had the pedal box fitted to my Mk7.5 230 GTI manual and I can whole-heartedly confirm the reports of others on here - it really does cure the one achilles heal of the car (the seriouasly mushy and unresponsive stock throttle pedal). 

I'm currently running in Sport with one red light (not green light - on the new pedal box I have the three red lights increase whilst the three green lights decrease the effect - is this the opposite to earlier boxes??)

Correct.  On my pedal box+ extra green lights decrease the effect.  For example, select green and each press of the "negative" button adds an extra green light up to a total of three.  Pressing the "positive" button adds red lights. I don't know about the original pedal box, though.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #139 on: 20 July 2018, 11:50 »

Correct.  On my pedal box+ extra green lights decrease the effect.  For example, select green and each press of the "negative" button adds an extra green light up to a total of three.  Pressing the "positive" button adds red lights. I don't know about the original pedal box, though.

On the original, it’s the other way.  Greens increase effect, reds decrease.  My sweet spot with old box is Sport (amber) and 2 greens. 

How odd they should switch it round the other way with the pedal box plus.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2018, 11:52 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11