Author Topic: Supersport top mounts, or similar "shallow" top mounts to drop car another 10mm?  (Read 25720 times)

Offline The Dave

• I live here
As title. Anyone used these or can recommend any? Wazzer recommended some part numbers for Polo 6N top mounts but I aint so sure.. I'd like something tried, tested and made for the MK4 Golf.

Been looking @ the supersport ones for about 60 quid, polyurethane, lower the front a further 10mm (which would be ideal!)

Any opinions/reviews for those who've used 'em?

1) Do they drop 10mm as stated.
2) Is the ride any different?
3) Would I need some adjustable ARB drop links as I'm down 40-45mm as it is at the front.

Cheers  :evil:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Again its no comment from me  :lipsrsealed:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline andc1

• I live here

Offline Mcpickering

• Just got here
This has been done by a few guys over on UKMKIVs.

Hamidi on his 2.slow to 1.8t Conversion n Air Ride.
Olly(Olthalb) on his slammed to buggery R32
and a few others.

don't seem to be any complaints as of yet.

this is Hamidi's Post. Yes, he is bordering insane(ly low)

right, ive posted this up on my build thread, but i'll do it here too

shorter top mounts/cups compared to standard golf

BEFORE

AFTER

Now, ive only had this in for 3days, no problems so far
i thought i'd say this first before anyone starts ranting about how its fooked up their car.

im not too sure if this has been done before with a straight swap top mount. it HAS been done with cutting the standard top mounts shorter and there's already info up on that (also refer to doey's build thread)

credit where its due
thanks to Olly aka olethalb for spotting this  you crazy ass.

Now, the Part Numbers:

two x   6N0412319 = £9.10
two x   6N0412331A = £15.54
+VAT
~£28.96

THEY ARE OFF A VW 6N POLO

Offline The Dave

• I live here
I'm certain I read that thread, and saw something about metal on metal from one guy running the polo top mounts which didn't sound ideal.. lol.

Rich, speaketh up :D We can discuss ideas aslong as it's not single mass flywheel conversions haha I think everything else is relatively safe :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Again its no comment from me  :lipsrsealed:

Why not  :smiley:

I am not keen on the idea, to me Polo ones are designed to work with a lower kurb weight so I cannot see them lasting long on a Golf.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
they look pretty cool.. theres not room for error though his wheel is about 1.5mm from smashing the arch lol it makes me wonder how people get about..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
they look pretty cool.. theres not room for error though his wheel is about 1.5mm from smashing the arch lol it makes me wonder how people get about..

I guess they don't use the car much, 5mins on the roads around here and they would be knackered.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
+1 on that Wayne roads near me can be lethal i once bent a steel wheel in half from a pot hole..  :shocked:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Also so people can comment, 10mm should level this out nicely do we think?

It's on a Jamex kit shocks and springs, about 45mm, but custom rear springs which are probably around a 50mm drop... so hoping 10mm at the front will just close the front arch gap a little better :)