Author Topic: VW Black Friday Service Pack offer  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Yusee

• I live here
Re: VW Black Friday Service Pack offer
« Reply #30 on: 26 November 2020, 15:14 »
In my case, the website didn’t recognise my plate, so I’ve arranged through the dealer
( in fact she had technical issues with the site yesterday)
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Ulysses31

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 27 November 2020, 00:06 »
I think it's all about getting people in through the door, then finding other jobs that need doing.

I took my lads 2009 Scirocco in for wheel alignment the other day. They do the 'health check' thing when it's in and told me that I needed a new mirror indicator. £169!!! Whilst I was waiting, I bought one off ebay for £23. It took me less than 15 minutes to fit.

That's not really a fair comparison, as with their price, you're paying for the technical knowledge and time for them to fit it. You had the time and technical knowledge to fit it yourself but a lot of people wouldn't. A plumber fixed my boiler by opening it up and spraying a seized fan with lubricant. Took ten minutes and still cost me the £70 call out. If I'd had the technical knowledge, it would have cost me nothing. But this wouldn't be a fair comparison.
White Golf GTI Mk7.5

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2020, 07:47 »
To be fair, the plumber came to you. You are not considering his time away from another job whilst he's travelling to and from your house.

We make it easy for the dealers. We take the jobs to them and often have to hang around being unproductive ourselves whilst they do the work in their own time.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.