Author Topic: VW Black Friday Service Pack offer  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: VW Black Friday Service Pack offer
« Reply #20 on: 25 November 2020, 10:52 »
Just signed up... Great Find Guzzle thanks.:grin:

Appreciated 👍
7.5 GTD

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2020, 11:43 »
In some way I think I’m going to miss the old paper service record, at least I had some idea of what was done (ticked), with the change to the electronic service records I’m not 100% sure where I’m going to be able to see what was actually done at each visit.

Will I be able to see the record via We Connect or is it dealer only?

Bit like the service schedule being removed from the handbook, why??

I’d like to go to the dealer with a bit of knowledge as to what I should be expecting rather than just dumbly handing over my card to pay.

Yes, I agree, it should be clearer as to what has been done- has pollen filter been changed for example.
I spoke to my dealer this morning-in fact  to book a service plan following Guzzle’s post ( many thanks, guzzle)- and asked whether customers have access to the service record. They don’t. The entry on the vw app simply states “service event” - with no details of what was done/ mileage etc.
I would suggest keeping the printed invoice as evidence of service history
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 25 November 2020, 12:43 »
Signed up Monday & with my next service being 4 year Major I get new plugs too.
Glad I didnt do it in July when I was thinking about it.
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline colsay

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 25 November 2020, 17:16 »
Seems to be quite a bit of enthusiasm for this service pack promotion. I understand that within the first 3 years from new, main dealer servicing is a necessity, but my own experience to date of VW dealer servicing is not great and in just over 12 months time when my car will be three years old I will look for an independent.
Having owned most major brands over the years, the only OEM dealer for servicing I would recommend is Skoda. For other cars such as Land Rover, Mini, BMW etc independents have not only been cheaper but more thorough in their work.
2019 7.5 P/P DSG

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 25 November 2020, 17:19 »
Just letting people know if they don't already, VW are offering 20% off service packs for Black Friday.

It's on their website and the discount is available until 6th December. Applies to all VW's, not just Golf's.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans

Thank you very much Guzzle for posting this. I am not sure exactly but it has saved me well over £100. My car has just flashed up I need to have the oil changed, so its very timely. It is nearly 30 months old but has only 8800 miles on the clock and the oil was changed a year ago at around 4000 miles. C'est la vie! Need to think about extending the warranty next June as the mileage is so low I will probably hang on to it; maybe!
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 25 November 2020, 17:36 »
Seems to be quite a bit of enthusiasm for this service pack promotion. I understand that within the first 3 years from new, main dealer servicing is a necessity, but my own experience to date of VW dealer servicing is not great and in just over 12 months time when my car will be three years old I will look for an independent.
Having owned most major brands over the years, the only OEM dealer for servicing I would recommend is Skoda. For other cars such as Land Rover, Mini, BMW etc independents have not only been cheaper but more thorough in their work.

You’re absolutely right - main dealer servicing is often poor quality. It’s also very poor value for money- that’s putting it mildly.
But if you get some discount, it’s probably a reasonable deal for cars that still have plenty of value- bearing in mind some people value “ full main dealer service history “
I’ve rarely used main dealers in the last 10 years- mainly because I found a very good indie for my bmw- still use him for my other cars.
My experience of high profile reputable indies is that their prices can be similar to main agents
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2020, 08:45 »
I think it's all about getting people in through the door, then finding other jobs that need doing.

I took my lads 2009 Scirocco in for wheel alignment the other day. They do the 'health check' thing when it's in and told me that I needed a new mirror indicator. £169!!! Whilst I was waiting, I bought one off ebay for £23. It took me less than 15 minutes to fit.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 26 November 2020, 14:25 »
Anyone having issues with the VW website on this. I can enter my registration (and it finds my car), but when I enter the current mileage, it keeps saying

"Sorry, we are experiencing technical issues and are unable to display the available Service Plans for your vehicle"

Been like that for 2 days ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2020, 14:35 »
Yeah the website is struggling at the moment. Skoda are running a similar offer and their site is up the swanny too.

I'd suggest phoning your local dealer if you're worried about missing out.
7.5 GTD

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 26 November 2020, 14:35 »
Anyone having issues with the VW website on this. I can enter my registration (and it finds my car), but when I enter the current mileage, it keeps saying

"Sorry, we are experiencing technical issues and are unable to display the available Service Plans for your vehicle"

Been like that for 2 days ?

Yeah, same for me too.
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!