Author Topic: HOW TO SHOW PICTURES IN POSTS AND SIGNATURES  (Read 14461 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
HOW TO SHOW PICTURES IN POSTS AND SIGNATURES
« on: 17 September 2003, 10:24 »
A few people have asked how to show a picture of their car in their signature as Adam, myself and a few others are doing now. I thought I would produce a rough guide on how to do it, or at least how I did it, so here it is:-

First of all you obviously need a picture of your car or a suitable picture for use in your signature. Try not to make it too big, most forums I've used in the past limit the size to 500 x 150 pixels, which is ideal. An absolute maximum should be 600 width, 200 height. The picture will need to have an image type file extension for example 'gif' or 'jpg'.

You now need to upload your picture to some webspace you own, or, our very own gallery. Make a note of the URL where the picture is, for this example, we'll call it:-http://homepage/mycar.jpg

Once you've done this, go to your profile page and find the section labeled 'signature', about 2/3rd's of the way down. All you need to do now is put your URL between 'post image' brackets and it should end up looking something like this:-

Don't forget to put your password in at the top (required to change your profile) and hit 'change profile'

Thats it, job done. Hope I haven't made it sound too complicated and I know there are other ways you can do it, but that seemed to be as good as any.
Good luck and lets hope we see a few more members cars in their signature. ?;)

« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 19:09 by topher »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
I've added this post from gibby about posting pics:-

Right, here goes, you need to get some web space to upload your pictures too, a good one is www.photobucket.com Sign up to create an account and upload pics from your pc to your photobucket account. Once you've done this there will be three text fields below your pic in photobucket, copy and paste the last one that has IMG tags in it and put it in your posts and it will show the pics. Basically you need to put the photo url between some img tags which appear when you click this button on a reply . e.g [ img]www.picsofmycar.co.uk[ /img] There is no space after the "[" by the way but if I left it in it would try to display my nonsense URL. Apologies if I've confused.  :wink:

Below is an example of how you would show a pic in your signature, this option is within your profile settings.

« Last Edit: 08 June 2005, 15:00 by gibby »

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
to post pics into post you do exactly the same thing:

upload a picture to photobucket (for example)
click the lowest link of the three
right click, paste into the the message box where ever you want the image to appear.
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe