Author Topic: Summer Charity Meet/RR day 29th August - Who's actually coming?  (Read 9621 times)

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
3 mile walk is nothing when your pi55t

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline pipbailey

• GTI forum regular
 :grin: done it loads of times befor  :grin:
or mini cab :tongue:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
I expect a good dyno report when you all get back :smiley:

Just think of us workers on a bank holiday weekend :cry:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
how shall we be doing the town situation, need to pick a decent place that won't be full of idiots..

Which will be instantly rectified when you lot waltz in  :grin:

Especially luke.  :grin:
funny thing is i've only been down town once  :grin:
how shall we be doing the town situation, need to pick a decent place that won't be full of idiots..

There is a pub in earl shilton about 3miles out side hinckley that i know,
its a good pub nice a quiet without idiots,apart from me...lol
also there is a oasis tribute band playing on the sat night.
just a idea

Only problem would be getting there and back?  :huh:
EARL SHILTON!! i don't want to get stabbed
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
Hurdy - will be getting as many pictures as i can and may get ropped into doing a report for Golf+ mag if we cant sort another mag out.

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Myself and Bobbarley have a Prem Inn room booked for the Saturday and Sunday night. I think we might be getting a bit carried away with the Sunday night so will probs cancel it, plus I leave for Malia Tuesday morning so could do with being back Sunday night.

I think get there for Saturday late afternoon / early evening and get down the pub for some beers and food, could head into Hinkley as that was quite a good laugh last time as Dan and BaV will demonstrate.

Also, do you think its going to be possible to leave our cars parked at R-Tech Saturday night? We all know what happened to me after driving the morning after.

So, names for Saturday night fun:

AlanD
Bobbarley

Offline luke

• I live here
Myself and Bobbarley have a Prem Inn room booked for the Saturday and Sunday night. I think we might be getting a bit carried away with the Sunday night so will probs cancel it, plus I leave for Malia Tuesday morning so could do with being back Sunday night.

I think get there for Saturday late afternoon / early evening and get down the pub for some beers and food, could head into Hinkley as that was quite a good laugh last time as Dan and BaV will demonstrate.

Also, do you think its going to be possible to leave our cars parked at R-Tech Saturday night? We all know what happened to me after driving the morning after.

So, names for Saturday night fun:

AlanD
Bobbarley
Alan, as I've said before I've got a car park on the back of my house and if anyone wants to park there they can, 10 minute walk from town whereas r-tech to town will be atleast half an hour.
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Yeah, but then how do we get out cars from yours to R-Techs without driving whilst still a bit worse for ware in the morning . . ?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Names for Saturday night fun:

AlanD
Bobbarley
LazyLunatic +1

Getting a Holiday Inn, mate can get it through work, sweet! Its the the Conventry M6 one, so I think its like 8 miles or so to Hinckley.

Offline luke

• I live here
Yeah, but then how do we get out cars from yours to R-Techs without driving whilst still a bit worse for ware in the morning . . ?
i'll do it  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
the offer of the car park is there, and it gives me someone to walk up town with because i'm going to feel like a right plank walking into town on my own meeting people I only know from the interwebs

edit:
how about maybe going to the pub next to halfords (forgot the name even though i can see it from my house  :grin:), then mosey on into town via our legs or taxi?
just a thought..
« Last Edit: 20 August 2010, 20:48 by luke »
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi