Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R  (Read 20941 times)

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Re: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R
« Reply #40 on: 02 March 2009, 23:16 »
Civic all the way, owned 2 one modified a lot but not that you be able to see  :smiley:, also had the Integra DC5 , Mitsubishi FTO, Leon CupraR to name a few others. I would pick the Honda's over any other make i have had. Build quality is excellent, and performance out of the box is far superior. You have to chip the Golf to get it in the same area as the CIvic, if you drop a supercharger in th eCivic you have something that will all but keep up with an M3.

Golfs are nice but, how can i put this without being flamed. They are comfy :wink:
The CTR is crisp and sharp. Oh and the seats are FAR!!!!! better than the golf recaro's. Also the gearbox is one of the best gearbox's you'll have th epleasure of using.

I like and enjoy my Golf, i love Honda's and VTEC, sorry  :smiley:

No need to apologise.  The cars are built for two different markets. ;)

ETTO :)
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline snowfiend

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 02 March 2009, 23:42 »
Ooh V-Tec...  :tongue: Had a ride in a dc2 'teg the other night, get it on cam and it woops my mates skyline, my 4mo barge has little chance, and the noise when that vtec kicks in made me want one.

And civics dont eat coil packs :lipsrsealed:

Still love my golf too much tho.

Really, what Skyline does your mate have ?

As for Civic Vs Golf....well I've only had my Golf about a month and never owned a Civic so couldnt say.

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 03 March 2009, 08:16 »
Civic all the way, owned 2 one modified a lot but not that you be able to see  :smiley:, also had the Integra DC5 , Mitsubishi FTO, Leon CupraR to name a few others. I would pick the Honda's over any other make i have had. Build quality is excellent, and performance out of the box is far superior. You have to chip the Golf to get it in the same area as the CIvic, if you drop a supercharger in th eCivic you have something that will all but keep up with an M3.

Golfs are nice but, how can i put this without being flamed. They are comfy :wink:
The CTR is crisp and sharp. Oh and the seats are FAR!!!!! better than the golf recaro's. Also the gearbox is one of the best gearbox's you'll have th epleasure of using.

Hehe indeed they are. I got my first when they were first released. There was no element of chavness then. Its only since prices have dropped into the realms and means of the 'pikeyhood of chav'. Sadly happens to most cars  :angry:
« Last Edit: 03 March 2009, 08:23 by dobber »
I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 03 March 2009, 09:22 »
Ooh V-Tec...  :tongue: Had a ride in a dc2 'teg the other night, get it on cam and it woops my mates skyline, my 4mo barge has little chance, and the noise when that vtec kicks in made me want one.

And civics dont eat coil packs :lipsrsealed:

Still love my golf too much tho.

Really, what Skyline does your mate have ?

As for Civic Vs Golf....well I've only had my Golf about a month and never owned a Civic so couldnt say.

R33 GTS-T pretty boggo, blitz filter and Trust cat back, but that teg wasnt modded much either, my mate said the VTEC was as vicious as his turbo and it pulled away lot better.

Still wouldnt get rid of the golf, just summat about em....

Nissan 200sx s14 soon to be 350hp drift machine :D

2007 Golf Edition 30 DSG, weekend toy :D

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN  -  Isle of Man

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 03 March 2009, 11:33 »
The old Type r is quicker than the new one but the new one does look cool. Just a shame they didnt give it more power.
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 03 March 2009, 12:37 »
I looked at buying a new Civic in 2002 to replace my 1999 Golf 2.slow.

I only had to drive it for a few miles to know that I would'nt be able to put up with the hard ride, noise and peaky power delivery.

I bought a Leon Cupra instead :smiley:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 03 March 2009, 12:43 »
I would also choose a Leon Cupra over the type R mate wise move.
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #47 on: 03 March 2009, 13:08 »

Hehe indeed they are. I got my first when they were first released. There was no element of chavness then. Its only since prices have dropped into the realms and means of the 'pikeyhood of chav'. Sadly happens to most cars  :angry:

Even some mk4's are getting chavved up now. :cry:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 03 March 2009, 13:25 »
Yeah but CTR's come chaved up out of the box.

Have you seen those side skirts?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dobber

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 03 March 2009, 13:40 »
Yeah but CTR's come chaved up out of the box.

Have you seen those side skirts?

Foolish boy  :lipsrsealed: :wink:

I personally think the Civic looks great, the ride is hard but it enables you to go round bends like a cart, lift of the power slightly and the tail kicks out. What it lacked was a LSD. The DC5 i had did have a LSD and that was mind blowing in the corners. 
I shall cleave you in twain with the Mighty Sword of Dobber. (Harry Enfield and Chums)